Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your being silly xue. Sharks would never do such a heinous thing. They are just misunderstood.

[This message is shark approved]

You're actually correct. The context is sharks and divers. Sharks really don't bother divers, unless you bother them. They do, rarely, bother surfers and such, because they look like a wounded seal flopping around.
Fact: Sharks kill and average of 6 people per year world wide. Cows kill 22. Mosquitoes kill 750,000.
Sharks are not the problem....

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're actually correct. The context is sharks and divers. Sharks really don't bother divers, unless you bother them. They do, rarely, bother surfers and such, because they look like a wounded seal flopping around.
Fact: Sharks kill and average of 6 people per year world wide. Cows kill 22. Mosquitoes kill 750,000.

Apparently, trousers kill more people than sharks.

So do toasters.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Four fitness classes in two days. A very hard lesson learned. Ow.... Suffice it to say, after doing belly dancing and Zumba yesterday, when I came to Barre this morning, I couldn't find an arabesque in broad daylight with a magnifying glass.
I was trying to finish up hay for the year yesterday. We are very, very dry here and there is a lot of short hay and chaff. Usually the worst case scenario for a baler. On the first roll of the 2nd field the baler twisted a belt. If you have ever done this you know what comes next. I had about 4 hours of pulling, pushing, and climbing up and down on the baler getting hay out of the way and removing parts of the baler to get the belt out. My forearms are killing me today; along with my legs as usual.
I did not have enough lacing to re-lace the belt so I have to wait until Monday to repair the belt. It is supposed to rain here Monday (please, please, please)so a friend is bringing his baler over so I can finish baling.
We have some very good people around here.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do my part to reduce cow-related deaths. We have burgers at home once a week. Perhaps we should step it up to fight back against this killer

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't say that! Xue is already scared of sharks. Now cows and mosquitos too?

Funny enough though while I will agree these animals have killed more people than sharks. Atleast cows and mosquitos don't have mouths like this.
db35114aa0853b992267b4579c17c589.jpg

That's nightmare fuel is what that is.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was trying to finish up hay for the year yesterday. We are very, very dry here and there is a lot of short hay and chaff. Usually the worst case scenario for a baler. On the first roll of the 2nd field the baler twisted a belt. If you have ever done this you know what comes next. I had about 4 hours of pulling, pushing, and climbing up and down on the baler getting hay out of the way and removing parts of the baler to get the belt out. My forearms are killing me today; along with my legs as usual.
I did not have enough lacing to re-lace the belt so I have to wait until Monday to repair the belt. It is supposed to rain here Monday (please, please, please)so a friend is bringing his baler over so I can finish baling.
We have some very good people around here.
OMG, I baled once. I don't miss it. Ouch....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't say that! Xue is already scared of sharks. Now cows and mosquitos too?

Funny enough though while I will agree these animals have killed more people than sharks. Atleast cows and mosquitos don't have mouths like this.
db35114aa0853b992267b4579c17c589.jpg

That's nightmare fuel is what that is.
Of course, we know whom we truly ought to fear...
source.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Just to clarify here not all shark attacks result in death, sorry, but I tend to not like the misuse of statistics. as of August 9, 2019 there have been 30 confirmed shark attacks since January 1, 2019. All of which surprisingly occurred in the water. Surfers yes, provoked yes, attacked by general splashing and folks having fun at the beach (which may or may not be considered provoked), yup that too.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just to clarify here not all shark attacks result in death, sorry, but I tend to not like the misuse of statistics. as of August 9, 2019 there have been 30 confirmed shark attacks since January 1, 2019. All of which surprisingly occurred in the water. Surfers yes, provoked yes, attacked by general splashing and folks having fun at the beach (which may or may not be considered provoked), yup that too.

And not all cow attacks or mosquito bites end in death either.

I would wager that you couldn't find stats for how many non lethal cow attacks there are per year, and I'm completely sure that not every mosquito bite is logged...

Also, not every toaster is a murderer.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And not all cow attacks or mosquito bites end in death either.

I would wager that you couldn't find stats for how many non lethal cow attacks there are per year, and I'm completely sure that not every mosquito bite is logged...

Also, not every toaster is a murderer.

Maybe not toasters...but TREES!!!!! Never trust a tree :D (one jumped me once)

Not all sharks are killers either, but I have no desire to find out which ones are, or are not. I am also not mounting any campaign eliminate them either. Actually they are rather interesting.....from a distance.....on land

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Not all sharks are killers either, but I have no desire to find out which ones are, or are not. I am also not mounting any campaign eliminate them either. Actually they are rather interesting.....from a distance.....on land
Maybe they had a difficult childhood and just need some therapy. :p

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I agree the stats, any stats can be misleading. Livestock, particularly cattle are raised with specific purposes (mostly for consumption, some for work/utility) and, as such interact with people quite a lot. Still they are animals and people sometimes make bad choices with them even under the best of circumstances.
We lost a brother-in-law to a "pet" bull last year.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree the stats, any stats can be misleading. Livestock, particularly cattle are raised with specific purposes (mostly for consumption, some for work/utility) and, as such interact with people quite a lot. Still they are animals and people sometimes make bad choices with them even under the best of circumstances.
We lost a brother-in-law to a "pet" bull last year.
Man, that's bad. Sorry for your loss there!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Trying to convince financial aid to clear the kid, so we can give government money to the college....
It's like pulling damn wisdom teeth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions