Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I agree the stats, any stats can be misleading. Livestock, particularly cattle are raised with specific purposes (mostly for consumption, some for work/utility) and, as such interact with people quite a lot. Still they are animals and people sometimes make bad choices with them even under the best of circumstances.
We lost a brother-in-law to a "pet" bull last year.

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law

Watched a friend of mine, in high school, get knocked about 8 feet backward and a few feet off the ground by a cow that head butted the bale of hay he was carrying. Luckily he was not hurt.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law

Watched a friend of mine, in high school, get knocked about 8 feet backward and a few feet off the ground by a cow that head butted the bale of hay he was carrying. Luckily he was not hurt.
I has been rough for our family. Mark was very much loved by all of us, his wife and one child. He was a big part of our farm operation so a lot has changed this year.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
But all toasters are bastards. Fact.

Not denying that.

I've never met a toaster that just toasts bread.

It either warms it up a bit and needs multiple repeats or it burns it.

Seriously, how hard can it be?

One job...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just walked out to get some fake Chinese food for lunch, I never go out at this time....but it taught me something....I apparently have little patience for my fellow humans today

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
You shouldn't. Humans do crazy stuff. Like wear crocs, or put ketchup on hotdogs, or worse some people use the term "hashtag" all the time and insist on posting them in all of their social media posts.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You shouldn't. Humans do crazy stuff. Like wear crocs, or put ketchup on hotdogs, or worse some people use the term "hashtag" all the time and insist on posting them in all of their social media posts.
Next thing you'll be hollering for people to get off your lawn....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, I am SO glad SOMEBODY understand my disdain for crocs. THANK YOU! You are now officially family and are entitled to come to our house and be fed. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just another reason why I should not travel the 27,000 miles...... I happily wore Crocs after my knee surgery, it was the easiest ad most comfortable shoe I could wear

shoes_ia11599.jpg

And I wear these Crocs, regularly to work

crocs267627_99416_jb.jpg

So.....I guess I'm not welcome anyway

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Next thing you'll be hollering for people to get off your lawn....
Actually I'll be hollering at people to get on my yard and if anyone just happened to walk through my neighbor's yard in order to get to mine (completely unnecessary) but hey! who am I to judge.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just another reason why I should not travel the 27,000 miles...... I happily wore Crocs after my knee surgery, it was the easiest ad most comfortable shoe I could wear

shoes_ia11599.jpg

crocs267627_99416_jb.jpg

Xue you can wear whatever shoes you want. I detest anyone that would suggest otherwise. If people start smirking at you while you walk by I assure you it is completely coincidental. Also nobody is saying anything behind your back so there is no reason to look any further into it. Good day...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did a good ol 30 minute kata session tonight... by candlelight!!! How romantic!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue you can wear whatever shoes you want. I detest anyone that would suggest otherwise. If people start smirking at you while you walk by I assure you it is completely coincidental. Also nobody is saying anything behind your back so there is no reason to look any further into it. Good day...
He can always beat them with his cane...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

shoes_ia11599.jpg

crocs267627_99416_jb.jpg

To make it clear - Crocs to me are like bacon to you. They are an abomination and do not deserve to exist in this or any other universe.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fear not, my good sir! Some of us still wear real shoes! These are the ones I am wearing today.
m_5cf83c2fbb22e3aee6d13111.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
But, unlike bacon, they are not carcinogenic

Having looked at the lists, crocs actually might be carcinogenic - if they are magenta.

Also, things that are nearly as carcinogenic as bacon include shift work and pickled vegetables.

cause hypertension and are not thought to be a contributor to heart disease

Bacon is only capable of actually causing these conditions if eaten in copious amounts.

More likely is that excessive bacon consumption is an indicator of a generally unhealthy lifestyle.

A bit of bacon every couple of weeks = pretty much zero health risk (no more than an occasional beer).

Bacon for breakfast every day, accompanied by a bunch of other fried stuff packed with salt?

Well, I mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions