Not open for further replies.
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to take a multi-day backwoods hike for a couple of years. I never quite get around to it. I even have one dog trained well enough off-leash to take with me.
Define "multi-day"... 2 or 3 is easy. A week gets more challenging. More than week takes noteworthy planning, and the right gear. All are quite doable... Playing with maybe doing a thru-hike of the AT with my son when he graduates high school. We've got 8 years to get ready... Maybe even do a partial during a summer break if I am ever in a work situation that I can work it out...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
See, I knew it...you ARE trying to kill me..... the SHARKS put you up to it DIDN'T they...because they know I won't go swimming where THEY can get me.....so what are they paying you

Just trying to save you from your delusions.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is in October, so I assume they skipped yours so there would be more funds for mine.
Sure, sure... that's how it is... but then, you probably do need some shark repellent or tires...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, sure... that's how it is... but then, you probably do need some shark repellent or tires...

It's also a matter of budget. You're a Highly Paid Admin. A mere Senior Moderator salary will barely pay for the yacht. Adding the Ferrari really stretches my budget...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are certain states which should be required to have no speed limits.
Right? Because... who are you going to run into? NOBODY lives there! I just remember driving for hours in this pool of light from my headlights.... The signs that tell you the next area inhabited by ANYTHING is 160 miles away.... Ugh....

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Define "multi-day"... 2 or 3 is easy. A week gets more challenging. More than week takes noteworthy planning, and the right gear. All are quite doable... Playing with maybe doing a thru-hike of the AT with my son when he graduates high school. We've got 8 years to get ready... Maybe even do a partial during a summer break if I am ever in a work situation that I can work it out...
I'm just looking to do a 2-3 day thing. I'd love to do a week, but frankly I habitually over-pack my backpack, so I'm not well suited to longer hikes unless I regularly take shorter ones to work on that bad habit. Besides, I'm not sure how I'd handle going that long without talking to the Hobbit. I'd be making Eddie Izzard references to the wildlife, and they just don't seem to get them.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was up early on a saturday, so went to BJJ class this morning (first time in about a year). Class was all lower belts (blue/white) besides the instructor. I learned two things.

1: I am out of shape, cardio wise.

2: I did a lot better than I expected (rather than losing with maybe holding my own against the new new people, I was winning, and holding my own against the higher belts). No clue how that happened...I suck at BJJ

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love porcelain ware but, Nope. To be fair, I will have to go back and read the article but if you get items like those they need to be functional for Pete's sake. :)
There are not actually porcelain. The artist creating them liked the look of porcelain but was aware of the endurance issues. So she created a heavy-duty polymer with the look of porcelain but far higher durability. Since her point was to emphasize the issue with common misconceptions about women, she wanted to create something that LOOKED very delicate and fragile but could whack your head off in reality.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Four fitness classes in two days. A very hard lesson learned. Ow.... Suffice it to say, after doing belly dancing and Zumba yesterday, when I came to Barre this morning, I couldn't find an arabesque in broad daylight with a magnifying glass.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
See, I knew it...you ARE trying to kill me..... the SHARKS put you up to it DIDN'T they...because they know I won't go swimming where THEY can get me.....so what are they paying you
Your being silly xue. Sharks would never do such a heinous thing. They are just misunderstood.

[This message is shark approved]

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got a new waxwood staff. It feels smooth And waxy. I guess that's why it's called waxwood.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions