Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was in a hotel where they used horizontal stripes on stairs. It was like camouflage for the steps.
giphy.gif

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why not make your own meatballs so you know exactly what went into them and how they were prepared?

I just had my special bacon flat meatballs.

Ingredients are bread, bacon, eggs, butter and cheese.

Rather than grind everything up, it's easier to cook the bacon and eggs separately (fried works well), then stack them with the cheese (grated) between the bread slices that have had butter applied to one side.

Oh, and brown sauce is required too.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just had my special bacon flat meatballs.

Ingredients are bread, bacon, eggs, butter and cheese.

Rather than grind everything up, it's easier to cook the bacon and eggs separately (fried works well), then stack them with the cheese (grated) between the bread slices that have had butter applied to one side.

Oh, and brown sauce is required too.
Hmmmmm.... Very interesting... flat meatballs, eh?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Why not make your own meatballs so you know exactly what went into them and how they were prepared?

Because there was no place in my office to make meatballs and no store near my office to buy the ingredients and the place I bought the spaghetti would not let me behind the counter to use their kitchen

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because there was no place in my office to make meatballs and no store near my office to buy the ingredients and the place I bought the spaghetti would not let me behind the counter to use their kitchen

Excuses excuses :p

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a craving for Spaghetti and meatballs, so I got some for lunch. Problem is I have not eaten beef like that in probably over a year. Actually I have eaten very little beef over the last 2 years. Only beef I get is from good Chinese Restaurants. Had the Spaghetti....had 1.5 meatballs (there were 2) after half of the 2nd meatball my stomach said to me...put more of that down here and You'll be sorry...so I stopped and finished the Spaghetti. And now I can't stop coughing...Last Monday I returned to my awfully darn close to vegetarian way... as a matter of fact the last 2 days have been full on Vegetarian. Craving like this occur when I switch to being a veghead..... this is to be expected and they will stop in about a week.
You don't have the gut flora for red meat, man. That's never going to be a great idea for you. I don't think I'd last long going full-vegetarian unless I lived somewhere (like India) where the food is generally a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare, anywhere you go.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think I need to hit the Dojo again....146 pounds (with clothes on)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I thought you were at home. I think you'd lost your capacity to eat meat.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
T-1 day. I am entering that state of nervous excitement where I look like a crack addict and get very chatty while feeling scared out of my wits. All normal parts of the process - I felt the same way before every mud run I've done and before my brown belt self-defense test.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
T-1 day. I am entering that state of nervous excitement where I look like a crack addict and get very chatty while feeling scared out of my wits. All normal parts of the process - I felt the same way before every mud run I've done and before my brown belt self-defense test.

YOU GOT THIS!!!!!

Ah the good ol jitters.. all very normal as you remember! Just remember to breathe deeply throughout and just focus on one thing at a time, and you'll be absolutely fine :). And most of all, ENJOY it! You'll have a ball. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
YOU GOT THIS!!!!!

Ah the good ol jitters.. all very normal as you remember! Just remember to breathe deeply throughout and just focus on one thing at a time, and you'll be absolutely fine :). And most of all, ENJOY it! You'll have a ball. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Oh, I do enjoy them. Just being able to do them - no matter how slowly and clumsily - is jumping over my own head for me (no short jokes, @gpseymour ). I was born a premie, had a two-sided pneumonia before I was one year old, and was generally the kind of child doctors were making bets about as to how long I would last. Through my childhood and teenage years, I totally sucked at phys ed. Phys ed teachers graded me out of pity (in Ukraine, it's not a pass/fail class - you actually get grades) to avoid ruining my overall report card, since I was a straight-A student otherwise. I started doing aerobics in college, but was still a wimp. So, the fact that now, in my flipping FORTIES, I can do mud runs - even though they are more like mud strolls and crawls for me - is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions