Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever thanks to a tick bite

And apparently I have also been exposed to Mononucleosis too. No longer contagious, but going to cause me problems for a while.

Sorry to hear that.

il_170x135.421479044_i1ec.jpg

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever thanks to a tick bite

And apparently I have also been exposed to Mononucleosis too. No longer contagious, but going to cause me problems for a while.
I'm glad that it's "only" Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Lyme Disease is seriously, seriously nasty unless treated quickly and properly.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bacon is NOT the cure all for everything.....actually it is not a cure for anything
Certainly it is the cure for various things... like HUNGER!!

My wife actually had low cholesterol for many years, and was encouraged to consume bacon and other high cholesterol foods... So that's something else it can cure.

PFFFTT!

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And... I forgot something.

Bacon is automatically a cure... because it is CURED!!!!!!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Certainly it is the cure for various things... like HUNGER!!

My wife actually had low cholesterol for many years, and was encouraged to consume bacon and other high cholesterol foods... So that's something else it can cure.

PFFFTT!
YEAH! Bacon is super-useful.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm glad that it's "only" Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Lyme Disease is seriously, seriously nasty unless treated quickly and properly.

So is RMSF if not caught early enough and there is a protein in human blood that some have and some don't and I can't remember which one it is, having it or not having it determines the severity of RMSF and it can be fatal.

As for me, I'm hoped up on doxycycline and doing fine, thank you

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
So is RMSF if not caught early enough and there is a protein in human blood that some have and some don't and I can't remember which one it is, having it or not having it determines the severity of RMSF and it can be fatal.

As for me, I'm hoped up on doxycycline and doing fine, thank you
I am completely unfamiliar with this illness - how long does it take it to run its course? Does the medicine make you better right away, or does it have a cycle, like the flu? Glad you are feeling better.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be AWESOME? Actually, I've seen a similar photo - but the carpet is purple lines against black, and it's in a corridor of a hotel. Do NOT use the bar at that hotel. With that carpet, you'll never get to your room after a few drinks.
I was in a hotel where they used horizontal stripes on stairs. It was like camouflage for the steps.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am completely unfamiliar with this illness - how long does it take it to run its course? Does the medicine make you better right away, or does it have a cycle, like the flu? Glad you are feeling better.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Same medication as with Lyme Disease, Doxycycline or 4 weeks

As far as how I feel, not much different than I did last week, but I have not got hit with the potential full effects of this thing. I am assuming that the reason I did not get really sick by now was the first MD visit gave me a mega dose of Doxycycline. After I got the blood test results and I was positive they started me on the twice a day 4 week program. But I also have a residual Mononucleosis infection too so I am not sure what is causing what at the moment. Still fatigued (almost like narcolepsy type of fatigue) still have joint pain. But I am not getting a head ache every day so it appears to be getting better.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had a craving for Spaghetti and meatballs, so I got some for lunch. Problem is I have not eaten beef like that in probably over a year. Actually I have eaten very little beef over the last 2 years. Only beef I get is from good Chinese Restaurants. Had the Spaghetti....had 1.5 meatballs (there were 2) after half of the 2nd meatball my stomach said to me...put more of that down here and You'll be sorry...so I stopped and finished the Spaghetti. And now I can't stop coughing...Last Monday I returned to my awfully darn close to vegetarian way... as a matter of fact the last 2 days have been full on Vegetarian. Craving like this occur when I switch to being a veghead..... this is to be expected and they will stop in about a week.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Same medication as with Lyme Disease, Doxycycline or 4 weeks

As far as how I feel, not much different than I did last week, but I have not got hit with the potential full effects of this thing. I am assuming that the reason I did not get really sick by now was the first MD visit gave me a mega dose of Doxycycline. After I got the blood test results and I was positive they started me on the twice a day 4 week program. But I also have a residual Mononucleosis infection too so I am not sure what is causing what at the moment. Still fatigued (almost like narcolepsy type of fatigue) still have joint pain. But I am not getting a head ache every day so it appears to be getting better.
Like I said, Mono had me near comatose for almost a year (didn't get my behind to the doctor, well, I did, but it wasn't strep, so what's the use, right...)
Vitamin D deficiency probably did the rest.
A miserable year I do not care to repeat.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had a craving for Spaghetti and meatballs, so I got some for lunch. Problem is I have not eaten beef like that in probably over a year. Actually I have eaten very little beef over the last 2 years. Only beef I get is from good Chinese Restaurants. Had the Spaghetti....had 1.5 meatballs (there were 2) after half of the 2nd meatball my stomach said to me...put more of that down here and You'll be sorry...so I stopped and finished the Spaghetti. And now I can't stop coughing...Last Monday I returned to my awfully darn close to vegetarian way... as a matter of fact the last 2 days have been full on Vegetarian. Craving like this occur when I switch to being a veghead..... this is to be expected and they will stop in about a week.
Why not make your own meatballs so you know exactly what went into them and how they were prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.