Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The cats routinely throw stuff off every available surface onto the floor

Conclusive proof that the world is not flat.

If it was, cats would've shoved everything off the edge by now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have three cats and three dogs. The cats routinely throw stuff off every available surface onto the floor, attempt to steal food (often successfully), and beat the crap out of the dogs.
So?
That's how it is supposed to be!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We have three of those, too. One of them actually likes the small dog. In fact, she likes all the dogs.

I had ... a cat once that acted like a dog....but it hated dogs...I hada dog then too, that loved the cat, and every time the cat got angry with the dog and took after the dog, the dog was thrilled because he was convinced the cat was now playing

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had ... a cat once that acted like a dog....but it hated dogs...I hada dog then too, that loved the cat, and every time the cat got angry with the dog and took after the dog, the dog was thrilled because he was convinced the cat was now playing
Our biggest dog (the idiot) has that problem sometimes. The two older cats just aren’t nearly as fond of her as she is of them. And she doesn’t realize when they are angry at her.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Our biggest dog (the idiot) has that problem sometimes. The two older cats just aren’t nearly as fond of her as she is of them. And she doesn’t realize when they are angry at her.

I have to be honest, I am not sure if he did not realize she was angry, or he just took what he could get. He was a pretty smart dog, and I'll probably get labeled a blasphemer for saying this, I think he was smarter than the cat. Both cat and dog would chase the light of a flashlight n the floor, but when you shut off the light, the cat kept searching for it on the floor. The dog would stop, turn, look at keep looking at you and the flashlight...until you turned it on again, or put it away. Put it away he was done, the cat would still be looking. He was a terrier mix and loved to play

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And she thinks when the biggest cat beats her on the head with his enormous paw (he packs quite a punch with 24 pounds of momentum behind that strike), it's really just a nice head massage.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I am not sure if he did not realize she was angry, or he just took what he could get. He was a pretty smart dog, and I'll probably get labeled a blasphemer for saying this, I think he was smarter than the cat. Both cat and dog would chase the light of a flashlight n the floor, but when you shut off the light, the cat kept searching for it on the floor. The dog would stop, turn, look at keep looking at you and the flashlight...until you turned it on again, or put it away. Put it away he was done, the cat would still be looking. He was a terrier mix and loved to play
That is adorable. He knew he would never catch the light, but the cat enjoyed the game so he joined in!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think some dogs are smarter than most cats. I also think my sofa is smarter than my very loveable pit bull mix. I've literally seen her startled by walls.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I do think some dogs are smarter than most cats. I also think my sofa is smarter than my very loveable pit bull mix. I've literally seen her startled by walls.

I had friends who had 3 cats a white angora named squeak, another pure white cat named angel and a black cat named Frodo. This is how they described thier cats

Frodo was the Viking Biker Cat From Hell
Angel was the *****
And Squeak's stupid so its a good thing he's pretty

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you have a routine you can do by yourself in the meantime?
I was at the office, so there wasn't much I could do. I took a few walks and did a forward fold a few times. Yoga really helped. It's just something I have to live with - my back is wonky in a way that can't be fixed in any way other than ongoing exercise.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sometimes... you want to stay up, drink, translate obscure Russian and Ukrainian literature, and have your childhood cartoons playing in the background. Instead, you have to go to bed, because you have work tomorrow. Oh well....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sometimes... you want to stay up, drink, translate obscure Russian and Ukrainian literature, and have your childhood cartoons playing in the background. Instead, you have to go to bed, because you have work tomorrow. Oh well....
Being a responsible adult sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions