Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes... you want to stay up, drink, translate obscure Russian and Ukrainian literature, and have your childhood cartoons playing in the background. Instead, you have to go to bed, because you have work tomorrow. Oh well....

I can almost relate to that. I'm thinking tonight I might stay up, drink, read norse and/or celtic mythology and have my childhood cartoons playing in the background. Luckily, I do not have work tomorrow

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
11 hours into my (originally) 10 hour shift, finally getting more than a 2-3 minute break. I'd go get something to eat, but at this point I'll just wait until I get home.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The last couple weeks my sensei has been going through all of the material in PTK. I had just assumed he was going back to basics and making sure he's hit everything. Apparently I've been being tested and passed, without realizing it.

Made my night. Congrats, man, great way to pass a test.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's like a million degrees outside (prior to the 'cane)
So naturally I do this!

004_medium2.JPG

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, my parents brought their 18 month old lab with them for a visit. I was a little worried about Gus, but he did great with that unruly puppy in the house. I think he liked having a pal.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can almost relate to that. I'm thinking tonight I might stay up, drink, read norse and/or celtic mythology and have my childhood cartoons playing in the background. Luckily, I do not have work tomorrow
Having work is having work. I also have to think on the job - that's really exhausting.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
On the subject of Christmas...

I really think it's time to not smoke any more.

Tried a bunch of the substitutes in the past, still turned out to not be a quitter ;)

Looking at vaping as an intrerim instead (between smoking and nothing).

Maybe it'll work :cigar:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Tried a bunch of the substitutes in the past, still turned out to not be a quitter ;)

Do a fight.

There is no better motivation than someone publicly smashing your head in to get you quitting bad habits.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do a fight.

There is no better motivation than someone publicly smashing your head in to get you quitting bad habits.

Two big issues with that.

If I lose I'll probably 'commiserate' with a cig.

If I win I'll probably 'celebrate' with a cig.

So yeah...

Thing is, I don't smoke all that much (relatively speaking) and I make my own rather than 'standard' cigs - but it's just annoying now and getting ever more expensive.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ah nice, take your time with it if you really want to give it up. And find what works for you too and make it a very gradual quitting. Don't believe the nonsense about having to go 'cold turkey' and 'toughen up' (that being said some people can do it however). As long as you do it as a kindness to yourself, and also to not judge yourself for smoking (too many people already probably giving you that!). Everyone's got their own 'things' we just keep going back to.

Just my $0.02!! :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah nice, take your time with it if you really want to give it up. And find what works for you too and make it a very gradual quitting. Don't believe the nonsense about having to go 'cold turkey' and 'toughen up' (that being said some people can do it however). As long as you do it as a kindness to yourself, and also to not judge yourself for smoking (too many people already probably giving you that!). Everyone's got their own 'things' we just keep going back to.

Just my $0.02!! :)

Tried the gradual cutting down thing too, I just don't have the consistency to make any progress with it.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tried the gradual cutting down thing too, I just don't have the consistency to make any progress with it.
Ah fair enough, it's not an easy thing to do. Especially the psychological part of it.. Wish you luck bro :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, I hope you succeed. Truly. I never smoked - I was born with deficient lungs and it would kill me. But I think I can appreciate the damage, having lived in one of the most polluted places in the world for 19 years. Best of luck. It's tough - don't give up.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it weird to simultaneously contemplate Socrates (I am doing a translation of a novella involving Socrates) and challenges of martial arts training while being very short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions