Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everclear is also a brand of grain alcohol.
Everclear-Grain-Alcohol_main-1.png

Yeah, Google did it's job earlier :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had all these plans as to what to do on my day off...all outside......its raining......so far I have accomplished 2 movies and keeping my recliner warm..... got to find something else to do

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had all these plans as to what to do on my day off...all outside......its raining......so far I have accomplished 2 movies and keeping my recliner warm..... got to find something else to do
You should always plan for inclement weather.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just came from the movies . Saw A Star is Born. While not my kind of film, it was very, very good. Definitely the film to beat at the Oscars.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hereby grant you permission to depart to your place of residence.

If challenged, show them this statement as evidence of authority.
Sadly, I have not yet become independently wealthy and, thus, must work for a living. Otherwise I won't have money to buy chocolate. And that would be a tragedy.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sadly, I have not yet become independently wealthy and, thus, must work for a living. Otherwise I won't have money to buy chocolate. And that would be a tragedy.

Ah, but this is special circumstance paid leave, so it's fine ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was very confused.

Everclear is a brand of contact lenses here.

I wondered what benefit could be had by cutting them with foodstuffs...
Eddie Izzard had a similar problem with the EZ-Pass when he came to the US.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't able to revive the keyboard on my laptop, even after a good washing and cleansing with alcohol. I have to head out tomorrow to deliver some training, so after a quick trip to Best Buy, I now have a newer model from the same line. I put the old drive in an external case, hooked it up, and have booted the new PC from it. Loading a mess of drivers now. Once they are done, I'll crack open the new PC and swap the drives.

Not how I'd planned to spend the afternoon.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't able to revive the keyboard on my laptop, even after a good washing and cleansing with alcohol.

Did you try shouting at it?

Any percussive maintenance*?

(*Hitting it)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try shouting at it?

Any percussive maintenance*?

(*Hitting it)
I gave it a few whacks for good measure, but the nature of the error shows it's not stuck (patterns of keys that don't work). Something has fouled the circuit. If I'd had a few days, I could have ordered a replacement shell (keyboard and palmrest) from eBay and had it back up and running. I might still do that, then sell it off, perhaps.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I gave it a few whacks for good measure, but the nature of the error shows it's not stuck (patterns of keys that don't work). Something has fouled the circuit. If I'd had a few days, I could have ordered a replacement shell (keyboard and palmrest) from eBay and had it back up and running. I might still do that, then sell it off, perhaps.

Well at least you killed it properly, so there's something to take solace in...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Resumed my normal workout routine after struggling with my cold and not working out all of last week. Did you know, if you don't do POUND for two weeks, it hurts? Yoga and Zumba here I come!

@gpseymour and I have a mud run in 12 days. @Xue Sheng won't be there to rescue us since he probably has a thing, with a guy, at a place... besides such events are usually chock full of avid bacon lovers. So... we are on our own. Ready or not.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Heeey it's raining here too! Must be neighbours ;D

I also had planned outside stuff, was gonna roast up a kilo of Colombian Supremo Popayon green beans, but alas I shall try for tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.