Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm doing something I have not done in a long time.....having coffee after dinner....it's usually tea
I'm the same, coffee is sorta my thing, but never after dinner hehe, always chamomile and ginger after dinner or another tea concoction :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just did solid 45min session of kihon/basics, with Spem in Alium on repeat in the background haha, was divine :).

Really focused in this session to do all my techniques with a more relaxed nature (like Sensei Rick Hotton teaches, ps. am a BIG fan): relaxed before, tension upon completion, and relaxation straight after. Literally overemphasising it even to floppy arms after I did them! It felt so nice and I felt much less drained, as my whole body was responding to it. And I did 20 of each technique which I hadn't done in ages, and felt really good afterwards!

Gonna explore this much more, moving and training much more naturally without excess tension. Even if I went out of my rigid sanchin dachi stance slightly I just sort of let it happen, and still focused on that connection with the ground. Learned alot this session :).

And literally as soon as I finished training, my ipod battery went dead! So cool a coincidence haha...

Now I have an hour flotation (sensory deprivation) tank session this afternoon so that'll be nice to consolidate it all :)

Last edited:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just did solid 45min session of kihon/basics, with Spem in Alium on repeat in the background haha, was divine :).

Really focused in this session to do all my techniques with a more relaxed nature (like Sensei Rick Hotton teaches, ps. am a BIG fan): relaxed before, tension upon completion, and relaxation straight after. Literally overemphasising it even to floppy arms after I did them! It felt so nice and I felt much less drained, as my whole body was responding to it. And I did 20 of each technique which I hadn't done in ages, and felt really good afterwards!

Gonna explore this much more, moving and training much more naturally without excess tension. Even if I went out of my rigid sanchin dachi stance slightly I just sort of let it happen, and still focused on that connection with the ground. Learned alot this session :).

And literally as soon as I finished training, my ipod battery went dead! So cool a coincidence haha...

Now I have an hour flotation (sensory deprivation) tank session this afternoon so that'll be nice to consolidate it all :)
Very nice. I want to try doing some training - particularly striking practice - to E. S. Posthumus. "Unstoppable" from their "Makara" album comes to mind. But they do have some more sedate pieces that might work for meditation and yoga.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was it deep? Were you pensive and contemplative? Were you inspired to explore mysteries of the Universe?
No. The only time I contemplate on is getting out of bed in the morning.
RaggedAngelicChital-size_restricted.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Got to love it when users have money to burn in their budget and then try and circumvent IT to get what they want.... it always ends up on my desk eventually...User spec out their own equipment needs...... and the only criteria appears to be light and small....of course it will not be powerful enough to run the OS and the office suite and the other things they need, it does not have enough storage to hold anything outside of the OS and office suite and it has nowhere near the memory it needs and the smallest processor possible....so...when, and if, it does work...it will be painfully slow..... I am half tempted to let them buy it

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice. I want to try doing some training - particularly striking practice - to E. S. Posthumus. "Unstoppable" from their "Makara" album comes to mind. But they do have some more sedate pieces that might work for meditation and yoga.
Ah NICE, that would be epic.. or something like O Fortuna XD

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got to love it when users have money to burn in their budget and then try and circumvent IT to get what they want.... it always ends up on my desk eventually...User spec out their own equipment needs...... and the only criteria appears to be light and small....of course it will not be powerful enough to run the OS and the office suite and the other things they need, it does not have enough storage to hold anything outside of the OS and office suite and it has nowhere near the memory it needs and the smallest processor possible....so...when, and if, it does work...it will be painfully slow..... I am half tempted to let them buy it
Somehow the not listening part ought to have some consequences.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm guessing it was more like...what the heck does knit one pearl two mean
it's purl.
It's how you poke the loop of yarn on the needle and pull the yarn through.
Knit makes a V shaped smooth surface, Purl a bump.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'd go the other way and get way too much machine.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just heard a doctor say that a guy here "was doing some japanese sword fencing, and got hit with a stick." I had to hold my tongue pretty hard at that statement.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it lacks the sophistication of the practitioner, but the essence of the event is described rather nicely!
:D

Just heard a doctor say that a guy here "was doing some japanese sword fencing, and got hit with a stick." I had to hold my tongue pretty hard at that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions