Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I suspect it is a mild strain Bubonic plague or possibly the 24 version hour Ebola..

Actually it is various diseases from ticks, Rheumatoid Arthritis and a few other things
See, I have to be careful with such things - since I've had some Chernobyl fallout, mine mutate. So, it's better to diagnose them and get rid of them quickly, because nobody knows what they will mutate into.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could the mutate into a Kaiju?
That would be cool. But no. In real life, being a radioactive mutant is nowhere near as glamorous as they make it sound in Japanese horror movies.

d0dc53b7aca42748849e3ad5ebd433a4_original.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This was a frustrating morning that I just didn't let get to me and it seemed to turn out ok. Waiting for blood work their label machine died and I had to wait a very long time and I was in a hurry to get home so Mrs. Xue could go to work and I could get the youngest to school on time. When I finally got in I just stayed relaxed and ended up having a rather enjoyable conversation with the tech. But the best was the traffic jam I just excepted and sat there waiting...then a guy drove by me that just made me laugh

He looked like this, without the moustache....

31676c_d41dd3d84d3f40cda6255cf936c9468b.jpg

But he was riding on this

2000000002.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, my previously mentioned chipper got collected, and I took a smaller one in px.

It does well, I'm quite pleased.

Nowhere near the capacity of my old one, but nicely suited for my needs. I foresee it doing a fair bit of work.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Quit my job today.
I had planned on being nice, giving notice, and stuff....
but this week they were mean to me, so I played hooky for 2 days, during which I convinced myself to quit today.
Didn't tell nobody til quitting time....
Oh, and came in the shop this morning to find they had removed me from my area I had been in for over 3 years.
No consultation, just oh well, we put you there.
If I had not already made up my mind, I think that would have been the kicker, although I spend a wonderful last day, just basically walking around, cleaning a couple of bathrooms, pulling some trash, and taking A LOT of breaks.

But I was still pissed.
It used to be like 'hey, we need you in such and such area, would you mind?"
Then I'd go, sure, no problem.
Except for Psych.
But that's a mini meltdown for another story.

Pass the beer, I need one today! :D

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This was a frustrating morning that I just didn't let get to me and it seemed to turn out ok. Waiting for blood work their label machine died and I had to wait a very long time and I was in a hurry to get home so Mrs. Xue could go to work and I could get the youngest to school on time. When I finally got in I just stayed relaxed and ended up having a rather enjoyable conversation with the tech. But the best was the traffic jam I just excepted and sat there waiting...then a guy drove by me that just made me laugh

He looked like this, without the moustache....

31676c_d41dd3d84d3f40cda6255cf936c9468b.jpg

But he was riding on this

2000000002.jpg
images.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quit my job today.
but this week they were mean to me, so I played hooky for 2 days, during which I convinced myself to quit today.
Oh, and came in the shop this morning to find they had removed me from my area I had been in for over 3 years.
If I had not already made up my mind, I think that would have been the kicker, although I spend a wonderful last day, just basically walking around, cleaning a couple of bathrooms, pulling some trash, and taking A LOT of breaks.

But I was still pissed.
Except for Psych.

Good on you.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quit my job today.

But I was still pissed.
Except for Psych.

Glad you’re out. Hope you find someplace with more appreciation.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, spilled something on my laptop last night (over-filled my champagne glass...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). Now at least one button doesn't work on the keyboard. That means this weekend I'll have to do a tear-down to see if I can get rid of all traces. Fun.
Ugh, bugger! Yeah for awhile now my 's' key hadn't worked at all!

Been stuck writing things like: "in't thi a tricky ituation??".

I put the ol screen keyboard in the corner though hehe. No idea what's wrong with 's'! Anyone have any clue what I could do hehe, nothing was spilled on it...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quit my job today.

But I was still pissed.
Except for Psych.

AWESOME, it's definitely for the best, good on ya!

I found out my last shift at work is earlier than anticipated, a few shift cuts here and there, ah wellitys....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh @granfire you know what you should do, you should I say "I quit!!!" Walk to the door, turn around rapidly and say, "You know I WON the Last Person #5!!! Show me some RESPECT!!!" And walk out XD

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, bugger! Yeah for awhile now my 's' key hadn't worked at all!

Been stuck writing things like: "in't thi a tricky ituation??".

I put the ol screen keyboard in the corner though hehe. No idea what's wrong with 's'! Anyone have any clue what I could do hehe, nothing was spilled on it...
I do have a nice portable Bluetooth keyboard as a backup, but it rather defeats the purpose of having a thin and light laptop.

Yours sounds like a worn-out key. Have you pulled the keytop to see what’s going on?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do have a nice portable Bluetooth keyboard as a backup, but it rather defeats the purpose of having a thin and light laptop.

Yours sounds like a worn-out key. Have you pulled the keytop to see what’s going on?
Ah right, have pulled the S key off and everything looks normal in there... might give it a good clean, but maybe I just use S's alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.