Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a a great week last week....4 days at the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix, AZ.

Jacob won 1st in Sparring at the USKA World Championship making it his 5th in a row. (14-15 year old advanced)

2nd in Kata (14-15 year old advanced)

1st in Weapon forms (14-17 year old advanced)

And won his first Weapons Grand Championship (17 and under)

Also made the Jr National team again.

Also Jacob got to be an attacker on one of the Bunkai Teams for the Adult blackbelt Kata grand finals.
View attachment 22349 View attachment 22350
He's still kickin' butt at those tournaments. Man, I just love hearing these reports.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Can't say everything on an open forum...but I just have to say....For crying out-loud...ridiculously picky people get on my nerves...all while showing me how unskilled they actually are buy their ridiculous requests/needs....picky dang folks that take themselves WAAAAAY to darn seriously.......sheeesh

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had a a great week last week....4 days at the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix, AZ.

Jacob won 1st in Sparring at the USKA World Championship making it his 5th in a row. (14-15 year old advanced)

Also Jacob got to be an attacker on one of the Bunkai Teams for the Adult blackbelt Kata grand finals.
Awesome! Well done.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
but I've heard that alot of people actually feel nauseous as a side effect of antibiotics... that may be contributing... just curious does anyone here experience this?

I never have, but the wife always gets that on antibiotics - not that she takes them often, but every few+ years.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

The slacker.

I really enjoy following his accomplishments.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't say everything on an open forum...but I just have to say....For crying out-loud...ridiculously picky people get on my nerves...all while showing me how unskilled they actually are buy their ridiculous requests/needs....picky dang folks that take themselves WAAAAAY to darn seriously.......sheeesh
Kick them. Go Chuck Norris on them. You have my permission.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still unwell... been on antibiotics for 6 days now and still feel roughly the same. The phlegm-iness has mostly gone, but still bad nausea. Gonna see out the 10 days of meds... but I've heard that alot of people actually feel nauseous as a side effect of antibiotics... that may be contributing... just curious does anyone here experience this?

Hadn't moved all day so felt I needed to; did some yoga, mobility exercises, and karate stuff (including some of skribs' exercises in his recent thread). Feel bit better :)
I have a terrible reaction to antibiotics - I feel your pain. After both my surgeries, the antibiotics made me so sick, the doctor made an executive decision to pull me off them - because they were slowing down my recovery. She just let me duke it out on my own in terms of potential infection, despite my impaired immune system - that's how bad my reaction to antibiotics was. So, you are absolutely not alone in this.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
It depends on the antibiotic. I felt lousy for weeks when I had the tick bite stuff, felt a little better. But I did not feel better until I finished the antibiotics I was on.

I never have, but the wife always gets that on antibiotics - not that she takes them often, but every few+ years.

I have a terrible reaction to antibiotics - I feel your pain. After both my surgeries, the antibiotics made me so sick, the doctor made an executive decision to pull me off them - because they were slowing down my recovery. She just let me duke it out on my own in terms of potential infection, despite my impaired immune system - that's how bad my reaction to antibiotics was. So, you are absolutely not alone in this.

Ah wow.. thanks guys. Yeah it's quite possible then... I only have like two days left on them so hopefully things settle, my system just feels so messed up... and I feel practically the same as when I started them..

Have upped my immune boosting arsenal for the time being (greens powder, zinc tablets, vitamin c).

Ps. @AngryHobbit I reckon you'd love kinesiology sessions (the name is a bit misleading, it sounds like university study of biomechanics and anatomy, but applied kinesiology is different), dunno if you've ever tried it, but wowza they are revealing and powerful :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Fantastic! Congrats to both of you. Somebody's got to drive the bus so yeah, the medals are half yours.;)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well done Jacob, fantastic!!!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah wow.. thanks guys. Yeah it's quite possible then... I only have like two days left on them so hopefully things settle, my system just feels so messed up... and I feel practically the same as when I started them..

Have upped my immune boosting arsenal for the time being (greens powder, zinc tablets, vitamin c).

Ps. @AngryHobbit I reckon you'd love kinesiology sessions (the name is a bit misleading, it sounds like university study of biomechanics and anatomy, but applied kinesiology is different), dunno if you've ever tried it, but wowza they are revealing and powerful :)
I just don't have time or money to add anything to my health regiment right now. I wish I could make time and budget for just basic massage and accupuncture, but there's not enough of me or the budget to go around. It sounds interesting.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I'm eating a whole lot of dumplings....vegetable and pork.....16 to be exact.....was in the mood for dumplings today....of course, I'm in the mood for dumplings just about any day...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmm..... Starting Wednesday and going into Thursday and Friday they are predicting a heat index between 95 and 105F........that' not normal for here

Been wicked hot here, too, even for the tropics. Uncomfortably hot.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Photo we recreate every year when all three are at worlds.

My son and two of his good friends. Middle one his Jacob's sensei' son, on the right is their friend from Los Angeles.

45432.jpeg

The kid from L.A. beat Jake in Kata and Jake beat him in Sparring in the finals.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Photo we recreate every year when all three are at worlds.

My son and two of his good friends. Middle one his Jacob's sensei' son, on the right is their friend from Los Angeles.

View attachment 22354

The kid from L.A. beat Jake in Kata and Jake beT him in Sparring in the finals.
Awesome timeline. Great to see the young man in the middle back in uniform in the latest photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions