Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was brought to my attention that I may have been offensive to some. If so please accept my sincere apology.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome timeline. Great to see the young man in the middle back in uniform in the latest photo.

He was competing in the middle picture...we just took the picture that year after the finals and he had not made the finals that year so he wasnt in a gi.

That's what I like about this picture....all three are in the same division and compete against each other but are still great friends.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I couldn't sit there anymore, so I took my cane and went for a walk. Had this young (20 something) African American man walk by me today and say.. "good afternoon sir" I said "hello" then right after he walked passed me, in a much lower tone he says "old white geezer"....

Sometimes, having real good hearing....is a curse :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I couldn't sit there anymore, so I took my cane and went for a walk. Had this young (20 something) African American man walk by me today and say.. "good afternoon sir" I said "hello" then right after he walked passed me, in a much lower tone he says "old white geezer"....

Sometimes, having real good hearing....is a curse :D
should have thrown your teeth at him and beaten him with your cane!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just don't have time or money to add anything to my health regiment right now. I wish I could make time and budget for just basic massage and accupuncture, but there's not enough of me or the budget to go around. It sounds interesting.
Ah yep fair enough I know what you mean! I also would love regular massage and acupuncture but yep funds limit things a bit for me

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
One more picture before I call it a night

Jake and 2 of his Jr National teammates.

45457.jpeg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photo we recreate every year when all three are at worlds.

My son and two of his good friends. Middle one his Jacob's sensei' son, on the right is their friend from Los Angeles.

View attachment 22354

The kid from L.A. beat Jake in Kata and Jake beat him in Sparring in the finals.
It's cool to see a group of kids progressing together like that. And two friends vying back and forth for the win - some great memories for those guys to talk about when they need some "good ol' days".

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No way.

Great at karate but horrible sense of directions. We might have ended up on the island with you.

Where I'd show you around and promptly get lost. (learning disability) I'm constantly lost here. But I'm used to it so it doesn't matter much. And the view is usually pretty good.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What ended up happening with the volcano? Everyone ok?

The volcano is fine. For now, anyway. It's the recent brush fire that's a pain in the butt. I still have soot all over my house. I'm tired of cleaning every day.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
No way.

Great at karate but horrible sense of directions. We might have ended up on the island with you.
What is it with really good martial artists and overall life skills? @gpseymour can kick you in the head but has to call me when a spider needs to be remove or when he needs help finding something on his work table (formerly known as our dining table, which basically looks like a life-size hidden object scene).

Status
Not open for further replies.