Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You mean that is not Photo Shopped?

I don't know, maybe it is. I don't know much about the whole photo shop thing. Good thing, too, I know I'd get my ash in trouble if I knew how to do that.

But is sure is a cute dog.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had to mow the lawn yesterday and I used the lawn tractor, but my stupid ding dang knee hurts like crazy today......over 4 weeks ago was the surgery and it is still giving me grief

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The kid's school was closed today, so we mainly did:

IMG-20190708-WA0000.jpeg

One benefit of being self employed, I can ditch work for the day just because.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had to mow the lawn yesterday and I used the lawn tractor, but my stupid ding dang knee hurts like crazy today......over 4 weeks ago was the surgery and it is still giving me grief
Very sorry to hear. What kind of surgery did you have?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The kid's school was closed today, so we mainly did:

View attachment 22338

One benefit of being self employed, I can ditch work for the day just because.
Technically it's harder. Rather than simply having to come up with a good excuse for not showing up to work. Now you have to call yourself in your office and lecture yourself on punctuality while at the same time decide whether or not to write yourself up. I wish you luck. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear. What kind of surgery did you have?

nothing major, arthroscopic to fix a meniscus tear, then a cortisone shot to the hip. I was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks, possibly 8 to recover. I just discovered that did not mean back to normal. Reading about that today it said 4 to 6 months. I see the MD tomorrow and I will talk to him about it

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
nothing major, arthroscopic to fix a meniscus tear, then a cortisone shot to the hip. I was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks, possibly 8 to recover. I just discovered that did not mean back to normal. Reading about that today it said 4 to 6 months. I see the MD tomorrow and I will talk to him about it
now he reads up on it....

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know age is a big factor in knee recovery. Had a similar surgery in my late 20's and bounced right back. I had another surgery about 10 years later and the recovery was totally different.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technically it's harder. Rather than simply having to come up with a good excuse for not showing up to work. Now you have to call yourself in your office and lecture yourself on punctuality while at the same time decide whether or not to write yourself up. I wish you luck. :D

Had a meeting with myself about it today.

I made me a coffee and watched the highlights from yesterday's stage on the tdf.

That was about it really.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a meeting with myself about it today.

I made me a coffee and watched the highlights from yesterday's stage on the tdf.

That was about it really.
You made you a coffee? Where do you get off treating you like that? You're a highly skilled worker, and shouldn't be demeaned by being asked to make coffee.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
You made you a coffee? Where do you get off treating you like that? You're a highly skilled worker, and shouldn't be demeaned by being asked to make coffee.

That's nothing, you should see the sort of innuendo and inappropriate advances I have to put up with from myself...

I really should quit, but that would mean getting a real job - and that's something I really don't want.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I know age is a big factor in knee recovery. Had a similar surgery in my late 20's and bounced right back. I had another surgery about 10 years later and the recovery was totally different.

Tell me about it, I'm pushing 60 and things do not heal anywhere near like they use to in my 20s and 30s

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got to go get spinal xrays done. Might have spinal cord compression.

Currently angry at my friend who insisted i go to the doctor-without her i could have lived in ignorance

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's nothing, you should see the sort of innuendo and inappropriate advances I have to put up with from myself...

I really should quit, but that would mean getting a real job - and that's something I really don't want.
Tell yourself "no" means "no"... unless you think yourself is cute and maybe you should give yourself another chance. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions