Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There must be something in the air... or, perhaps, the alignment of celestial bodies. I wrecked my back while mowing the slope garden on Sunday with a weedeater. And I do mean REALLY wrecked it - I've done it this time. In fairness, I haven't had a bad episode like this in over a year (I used to have them several times a week). So... progress... On the downside, it was so bad I had to take tramadol last night, which I hate because it clouds the mind. It did knock me out and I slept reasonably well, but woke up in rather hideous pain this morning. I had to stretch for ten minutes before I could actually get out of bed. I've been doing yoga and belly dancing through the course of the day to see if I can loosen it up and gently maneuver my spine back into place. It sort of works. Sort of. Kind of. We'll see.

On a positive side, I FINALLY started a new sci-fi story I've been carrying around in my head since something like March or April. #amwriting.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like the Dark Comedy of the year. And it's all bout us!

This looks completely adorable. But I disagree. You have to continue petting the little dog. I have one just like it - only brown - and he is the most savage beast you can imagine. You don't want to tick him off. I mean, we used to have a bear who came to visit - and the little wiener dog scared him off.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This looks completely adorable. But I disagree. You have to continue petting the little dog. I have one just like it - only brown - and he is the most savage beast you can imagine. You don't want to tick him off. I mean, we used to have a bear who came to visit - and the little wiener dog scared him off.

Oh, I completely agree. How can one not pat a dog? patting a dog is one of he most wonderful things in life.

As for Weiner dogs....are you kidding me? Weiner dogs go into tunnels to get badgers. Fricken' BADGERS!

To me hell would be being reincarnated as a Weiner dog. I can see someone pointing me to a tunnel and my little dog mind going, "Wait, what's down there that you want me to get?"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, I completely agree. How can one not pat a dog? patting a dog is one of he most wonderful things in life.

As for Weiner dogs....are you kidding me? Weiner dogs go into tunnels to get badgers. Fricken' BADGERS!

To me hell would be being reincarnated as a Weiner dog. I can see someone pointing me to a tunnel and my little dog mind going, "Wait, what's down there that you want me to get?"
you are kidding, right!
they are all like "I AM GETTING A BEAR! AN ELEPHANT, A WHALE! "

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Apparently much of my hip problem is that I have a rock where my Gluteus Medius is supposed to be. Due to the arthritis changes that muscle is incredibly unhappy and is hard as a rock. Have to work to change that

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apparently much of my hip problem is that I have a rock where my Gluteus Medius is supposed to be. Due to the arthritis changes that muscle is incredibly unhappy and is hard as a rock. Have to work to change that
I am always a fan of qualified diagnostic. Hopefully the repair/recovery plan is straight forward.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's much easier to fix than some of the alternatives.

Which reminds me I need to work on the muscle in my lower leg that affects my knee (and, somehow, my hip).

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got to go get spinal xrays done. Might have spinal cord compression.

Currently angry at my friend who insisted i go to the doctor-without her i could have lived in ignorance
Ah wow sorry to hear that mate... hope results turn out okay

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
There must be something in the air... or, perhaps, the alignment of celestial bodies. I wrecked my back while mowing the slope garden on Sunday with a weedeater. And I do mean REALLY wrecked it - I've done it this time. In fairness, I haven't had a bad episode like this in over a year (I used to have them several times a week). So... progress... On the downside, it was so bad I had to take tramadol last night, which I hate because it clouds the mind. It did knock me out and I slept reasonably well, but woke up in rather hideous pain this morning. I had to stretch for ten minutes before I could actually get out of bed. I've been doing yoga and belly dancing through the course of the day to see if I can loosen it up and gently maneuver my spine back into place. It sort of works. Sort of. Kind of. We'll see.

On a positive side, I FINALLY started a new sci-fi story I've been carrying around in my head since something like March or April. #amwriting.
Ah yikes.. take care of yaself, ease back into things slowly, hope you recover well!

Ahh yep tramadol just doesn't react well for some folk :s

Exciting about the writing, awesome to hear! Love it when something finally is ready to come out and manifest.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finally caved and went to the docs yesterday... the nausea was getting really quite bad and just relentless... doc reckons definitely an infection (chest infection or something), so on the ol antibiotics. Not a big fan of them but short term I guess it's a good idea. Got some probiotics to help balance out the negative effects.

And then had my kinesiology appointment today with a new person... wowza. Such an experience. She was just beautiful, and the session went for 2 and a half hours!!! Have rarely had someone so willingly give that much time and service to me, especially when these sorts of appointments are usually an hour. She just kept finding things to work on and balance out.

Essentially my whole immune system was shot haha. The past 6 weeks constantly getting colds, body's way of telling me to 'slow down', get out of my head and work more on grounding. My connection to base chakra was hazy haha as usual. And the anxiety the last little while has just screwed up the system. So a focus on deep breathing and rooting meditations are gonna be super beneficial.

It's amazing the sort of information she can get and that's locked in the body. The body never lies! Highly recommend these sessions, a much more holistic approach :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am always a fan of qualified diagnostic. Hopefully the repair/recovery plan is straight forward.

So far it has been some pressure point stuff, some light stretching and heat. More to come at my next PT visit. But over all this is better than what I was thinking.

That's much easier to fix than some of the alternatives.

Which reminds me I need to work on the muscle in my lower leg that affects my knee (and, somehow, my hip).

I was told something yesterday by the MD and the PT that I dod not know, When you have knee surgery, due to the draining of fluid (I believe greater than 30cc), your thigh; the Rectus femoris and possibly the Vastus lateralis and the vastus medialis basically stop working. And you need to exercise them to get them to regain strength and get them to work properly again.

I say possibly the vastus lateralis and the vastus medialis because they both pointed to the general front of the thigh. However the MD appears to be more focused on the Rectus femoris

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's nothing, you should see the sort of innuendo and inappropriate advances I have to put up with from myself...

I really should quit, but that would mean getting a real job - and that's something I really don't want.
I hear ya. Guess its time to report your boss to HR.

Tell yourself "no" means "no"... unless you think yourself is cute and maybe you should give yourself another chance. :p
Or ask for a raise.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most dogs do like being pet on the chest, shoulders, and base of the tail. Feeling that fur can lower heart rate and blood pressure. Touch also helps relax mildly upset or anxious dogs.

If I were a dachshund personally I'd rather go in badger tunnels than be dressed up like a hotdog
Dachshunds-Dressed-Hot-Dogs.jpg

I've seen some real heinous stuff over the years but this is just plain cold blooded...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most dogs do like being pet on the chest, shoulders, and base of the tail. Feeling that fur can lower heart rate and blood pressure. Touch also helps relax mildly upset or anxious dogs.

If I were a dachshund personally I'd rather go in badger tunnels than be dressed up like a hotdog
Dachshunds-Dressed-Hot-Dogs.jpg

I've seen some real heinous stuff over the years but this is just plain cold blooded...
No, no, we don't do that to our dogs. Any dress up they are involved in is done entirely on their own - we have no part in it.
1939560_712740288747739_1527498306_n.jpg
22528153_1594755640546195_6292551419687646648_n.jpg
66174211_2451380508217033_293300271512027136_n.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finally caved and went to the docs yesterday... the nausea was getting really quite bad and just relentless... doc reckons definitely an infection (chest infection or something), so on the ol antibiotics. Not a big fan of them but short term I guess it's a good idea. Got some probiotics to help balance out the negative effects.

And then had my kinesiology appointment today with a new person... wowza. Such an experience. She was just beautiful, and the session went for 2 and a half hours!!! Have rarely had someone so willingly give that much time and service to me, especially when these sorts of appointments are usually an hour. She just kept finding things to work on and balance out.

Essentially my whole immune system was shot haha. The past 6 weeks constantly getting colds, body's way of telling me to 'slow down', get out of my head and work more on grounding. My connection to base chakra was hazy haha as usual. And the anxiety the last little while has just screwed up the system. So a focus on deep breathing and rooting meditations are gonna be super beneficial.

It's amazing the sort of information she can get and that's locked in the body. The body never lies! Highly recommend these sessions, a much more holistic approach :)
OMG, I had an immune system shut down about ten years ago - it was NOT fun. It was like I was picking up every bug and sneeze in the 10-mile radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions