Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always wonder how that costume stayed on! Tons of Mastix?
Nope. Not at all. This is all staying on its own power - and we do move pretty vigorously. Because I am extremely short and extremely big-busted for my height, I wear an industrial-strength, very structured sports bra under my belly dance togs. The choli is basically just a cropped elastic t-shirt. This particular one has a string in the front to adjust the length (I have two of them). The harem pants have elastic waists and stay on just fine. Plus, they are wicked comfy. Same for the skirt - it's just your basic elastic skirt.

There are belly dancing costumes that include just the bra - so the trick is: they are heavy-duty nude-colored sports bras with bra covers covered in sequins and such. You can't see the foundation from the audience - but trust me, that stuff stays on just fine. Another thing to remember is - we don't shake our chest, that's just the by-product of other movement. For the shoulder shimmy, we train to isolate the shoulder movement from everything else, including the chest.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know, Hobbit, I used to Belly Dance. Honest. Even performed on stage once.

My first Instructor's wife was a dance teacher. She owned fifteen schools back in the day. She taught all kinds of dance, but specialized in Belly Dancing. I lived with one of her instructors for several years before I met my wife.

And I was really good with Zills.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope. Not at all. This is all staying on its own power - and we do move pretty vigorously. Because I am extremely short and extremely big-busted for my height, I wear an industrial-strength, very structured sports bra under my belly dance togs. The choli is basically just a cropped elastic t-shirt. This particular one has a string in the front to adjust the length (I have two of them). The harem pants have elastic waists and stay on just fine. Plus, they are wicked comfy. Same for the skirt - it's just your basic elastic skirt.

There are belly dancing costumes that include just the bra - so the trick is: they are heavy-duty nude-colored sports bras with bra covers covered in sequins and such. You can't see the foundation from the audience - but trust me, that stuff stays on just fine. Another thing to remember is - we don't shake our chest, that's just the by-product of other movement. For the shoulder shimmy, we train to isolate the shoulder movement from everything else, including the chest.
I meant the movie costume. As far as I can tell, there is no nude colored fabric involved. (yes, I studied it)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, Hobbit, I used to Belly Dance. Honest. Even performed on stage once.

My first Instructor's wife was a dance teacher. She owned fifteen schools back in the day. She taught all kinds of dance, but specialized in Belly Dancing. I lived with one of her instructors for several years before I met my wife.

And I was really good with Zills.
Good times! Isn't it an awesome workout?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, I keep trying to lure him to one of my dance classes (Zumba, Barre, or belly dancing), and he says he'll only come if he's allowed to bring a beanbag chair, pop corn, and beer.
I would be down with those. I can be the Martin to his Jerry.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

My wife is shorter and big upstairs. She wears these bra "things" I call her body condom. :D:D:D

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people who never add a bio to their profile page? It's goes a long way in the credibility dept. to me. Petty? Maybe but I am admitting up to it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people who never add a bio to their profile page? It's goes a long way in the credibility dept. to me. Petty? Maybe but I am admitting up to it.
well, this is the net. If the CIA wants to know stuff about me, they need to do their own work.
or - much more likely - Google

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Buka, I haven't failed to notice your change of avatar pic, love it!!!

Although it will certainly take a while to get used to, the other one was so you!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Although it will certainly take a while to get used to, the other one was so you!
Agreed. I now have to pay attention to what the name is on posts to find his. I'll eventually get used to this one...I just hope it doesn't have a bullet.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have very little credibility to defend anyway ;)

Also, I don't remember actively looking at anyone's profile page either...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Actually, it's an old one I used to use here. I really love dog pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions