Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why would you choose to go there???

Seriously, LGA is my least favorite airport of all time, especially with the construction they've been doing there for the last thousand years or so. And my client keeps booking me there....even when it's 90 minutes farther away from my site than Newark.
what a passive aggressive act...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what a passive aggressive act...
The reality is they just don't understand that area. They usually look at local airports, and - with an hour or so difference allowed - pick the lower cost. I've told them several times that the difference between those two airports (maybe 30 miles) can be more than 2 hours at the wrong time of day. In fact, when I landed, that's how big the difference was. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to get to my hotel from Laguardia, and I'd have made it in about 30 minutes from Newark.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The reality is they just don't understand that area. They usually look at local airports, and - with an hour or so difference allowed - pick the lower cost. I've told them several times that the difference between those two airports (maybe 30 miles) can be more than 2 hours at the wrong time of day. In fact, when I landed, that's how big the difference was. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to get to my hotel from Laguardia, and I'd have made it in about 30 minutes from Newark.
if you can bill them for those 2 1/2 hours, Ia m sure they get the point.
(but if you tell them and they still don't get it, damn, that's ignorant!)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Seriously, LGA is my least favorite airport of all time, especially with the construction they've been doing there for the last thousand years or so. And my client keeps booking me there....even when it's 90 minutes farther away from my site than Newark.
I didn't choose to go anywhere. Was dropping someone off, and it was for a company trip so im assuming same reasoning as yours

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I'm traveling.....around the inside of my house, using one of these
314DHFJf3qL.jpg

But in a couple of minutes, I'm going to take a chance and live life on the edge and go outside for a short walk with these

thumbnail.asp

Dang I live an exciting life

:D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can bill them for those 2 1/2 hours, Ia m sure they get the point.
(but if you tell them and they still don't get it, damn, that's ignorant!)
No, they pay by the day, so no extra pay for me for the longer drive, unfortunately.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

LaGuardia/Newark vs. O'Hare/Midway striking similar in the smell test.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wwwwwwinter has hit hard here... or fast moreso! Such a drastic drop in temps... and been trying to get over this up and down cold!

Managed to finally get some training in this week, am starting a new phase of training which is long overdue... lowering my weight training down to 2 days a week now, and really honing in on rehab (wrists and knees), flexibility + mobility work, and karate. Got in a nice 30 minute session before to ease into things, just straight-up kihon with a slice o' kata.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks, back and doing fine....don't know what it was, but after the cortisone shot in the hip, to quote the song "Copperhead Road", "I came home with a brand new plan"

More on that later.
Love some Steve Earle. David Allen Coe had bought a former public park/pool that has some really cool history where he and Earle lived for a while. Coe and Earle done some crazy, crazy s*** and seldom got in trouble for it. He had a 1930's Dodge limousine that had a separate drivers compartment that was very cool. The park eventually became a big biker hangout and things started getting pretty shady. Wasn't long after that Coe sold the place and moved out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just watched Ip Man 3. biggest complaint. it is only in Cantonese....no Mandarin....but it does have English Subtitles. Not a bad movie, but not my favorite of hte series, but just as historically inacurate and 1 and 2

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched Ip Man 3. biggest complaint. it is only in Cantonese....no Mandarin....but it does have English Subtitles. Not a bad movie, but not my favorite of hte series, but just as historically inacurate and 1 and 2
I dont think anyone would rationally claim those movies are historically accurate. Sadly people still (irrationally) try to

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
But he's a guy, who never listened to his doc.....
There is a reason women live longer!

Yes. So many chops to bust, so little time.

Frightening people, women be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions