Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well I'm traveling.....around the inside of my house, using one of these
314DHFJf3qL.jpg

But in a couple of minutes, I'm going to take a chance and live life on the edge and go outside for a short walk with these

thumbnail.asp

Dang I live an exciting life

:D

Best wishes. I pray for a speedy recovery.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
New twist in my job.

I'm up for promotion....I would go back to supervising my old narcotics unit and it would be a little over a 10k per year raise.

But on the other side...I really like working in the violent crime/gang crime unit where I'm currently at. Plus a bunch of the guys in my old unit that I enjoyed working with have retired or are retiring. Added headache of supervising and training 4 brand new "narcs".

Kinda sucks being one of the last "old hands" left. This year 5 of the guys that I worked with for the last 12 years are retiring or have already retired.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
New twist in my job.

I'm up for promotion....I would go back to supervising my old narcotics unit and it would be a little over a 10k per year raise.

But on the other side...I really like working in the violent crime/gang crime unit where I'm currently at. Plus a bunch of the guys in my old unit that I enjoyed working with have retired or are retiring. Added headache of supervising and training 4 brand new "narcs".

Kinda sucks being one of the last "old hands" left. This year 5 of the guys that I worked with for the last 12 years are retiring or have already retired.

A friend of mine was a police officer for.a very long time. At one point they were talking about cutting police officers due to budget problems. His wife was very nervous and upset about him possibly losing his job. I then asked him, with her there. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they actually were to lay you off, they would be asking you to lock up on the way out". He said yup, she calmed down. He finally retired wth over 30 years in that department.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine was a police officer for.a very long time. At one point they were talking about cutting police officers due to budget problems. His wife was very nervous and upset about him possibly losing his job. I then asked him, with her there. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they actually were to lay you off, they would be asking you to lock up on the way out". He said yup, she calmed down. He finally retired wth over 30 years in that department.

One of the guys that is retiring started working L.E. in 1978....I was born in 1977....our unit will go from over 160 total years of L.E. experience to around 40 years of experience with 20 of that being mine....yikes.:D

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I went from the young guy of the office to the old fart almost over night. :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of the guys that is retiring started working L.E. in 1978....I was born in 1977....our unit will go from over 160 total years of L.E. experience to around 40 years of experience with 20 of that being mine....yikes.:D

Congrats on being up for promotion, CB. Either way you go it's always great to a have choices in life.

As far as the unit losing some experience, you are luckier than you know. There's people here with no experience in your job that will gladly tell you how it should be done because, you know, they saw it online.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

He retired from the City PD.....after over 30 years. Then when to work for the Sheriff's Department for about 10 year...and then got himself elected judge.....I have not seen him in a long time, but I think he may actually be retired now...

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats on being up for promotion, CB. Either way you go it's always great to a have choices in life.

Well I had every intention of retiring as an agent and not ever having to worry about supervisory and administrative crap.

Looks like that plan might get shot to heck.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
He retired from the City PD.....after over 30 years. Then when to work for the Sheriff's Department for about 10 year...and then got himself elected judge.....I have not seen him in a long time, but I think he may actually be retired now...

Yeah....one of our guys retired to run for sheriff and he is taking one guy with him to be his chief deputy and another to be captain over investigations,

My supervisor retired to be chief deputy at a sheriff's office. And the guy who started in 78 is just hanging it up.

I'm still 5 years away from being able to retire and got left behind....:confused:

When retire I plan on being retired.....maybe I will go hang out with @Buka ...;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah....one of our guys retired to run for sheriff and he is taking one guy with him to be his chief deputy and another to be captain over investigations,

My supervisor retired to be chief deputy at a sheriff's office. And the guy who started in 78 is just hanging it up.

I'm still 5 years away from being able to retire and got left behind....:confused:

When retire I plan on being retired.....maybe I will go hang out with @Buka ...;)

When I retire (IT not LEO) in about 8 years, I too will remain retired, and I would like to go hang out with Buka, or Brian (LV, NV), but likely I will stay here in the Northeast

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I retire (IT not LEO) in about 8 years, I too will remain retired, and I would like to go hang out with Buka, or Brian (LV, NV), but likely I will stay here in the Northeast

We can go together......I'll bring the bacon. Lol.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I just replied to you guys on my laptop. But at that very same time my laptop seems to have been taken over by aliens and they seem to have eaten my response. Ah well.

On my phone now, so...should you guys ever opt for an island hop........whatever shall we do to amuse ourselves? I don’t know off hand but it is a place with a fair amount of giggles. I’m quite sure we’ll think of something.

Who knows, we might even talk about working out. Then hold our ground until that urge passes. We’ll tag team if we have to.

I’m going to work out right now before work. God save me.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That sounds rough. I wish you all the best. It surely seems like a different job from when I did it.
I have a best friend who went from patrolman to detective to DEA, and now is back at detective. He became eligible to retire 6/14 but plans to stay on for 11 more months to help his monthly retirement $$$'s. Understandably he has really got a F*** it attitude right now.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just replied to you guys on my laptop. But at that very same time my laptop seems to have been taken over by aliens and they seem to have eaten my response. Ah well.

On my phone now, so...should you guys ever opt for an island hop........whatever shall we do to amuse ourselves? I don’t know off hand but it is a place with a fair amount of giggles. I’m quite sure we’ll think of something.

Who knows, we might even talk about working out. Then hold our ground until that urge passes. We’ll tag team if we have to.

I’m going to work out right now before work. God save me.

In all honesty I will probably turn into my Yang Shifu and just do Taijiquan all day..... but at least I'll be moving slowly, so I should be easy to catch/find :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In all honesty I will probably turn into my Yang Shifu and just do Taijiquan all day..... but at least I'll be moving slowly, so I should be easy to catch/find :D

Then I shall gladly be doing it with you. With a smile on my face.

Man does not live by RNC and uppercut alone. Or together for that matter.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a best friend who went from patrolman to detective to DEA, and now is back at detective. He became eligible to retire 6/14 but plans to stay on for 11 more months to help his monthly retirement $$$'s. Understandably he has really got a F*** it attitude right now.

Detective work can wear on you....alot of pressure.

You dont get that rapist or murder or armed robber ASAP someone else is getting hurt.

But Narcotics is more like hunting...you miss the dealer today...just be patient...and you will get him tomorrow or the next. That is my theory on why you dont have the same burnout as other L.E. fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions