Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Will you meet with the surgeon tomorrow, or is the follow-up further out? I learned more of what happened in the surgery at my follow-up.

I meet with the surgeon next week. I was allowed to take the dressing off myself, and I did about an hour ago. I do know he fixed a tear or two and took out some of the arthritis.

Currently thinking about possible thinks to do for recovery when I am cleared to do so. Taijiquan is a given, but I discovered a new Pilates place in my area and wondering if that could help. However nothing happens with out MD approval. My days of not listening the the MD are over.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I meet with the surgeon next week. I was allowed to take the dressing off myself, and I did about an hour ago. I do know he fixed a tear or two and took out some of the arthritis.

Currently thinking about possible thinks to do for recovery when I am cleared to do so. Taijiquan is a given, but I discovered a new Pilates place in my area and wondering if that could help. However nothing happens with out MD approval. My days of not listening the the MD are over.

Yes, they are good to listen to at times.

I know you'll seek and find anything that will help you heal up, you've certainly the experience to do so.

But I know one thing, in all my years in the Arts, there is nothing that has me feel physically as well as Taijiquan.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you made a mess in there. Hope the swelling starts down soon (that's usually the biggest limitation on recovery, especially around range of motion).

And good decision on following the doc's orders. I tend to follow most of their orders, more or less.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes, they are good to listen to at times.

I know you'll seek and find anything that will help you heal up, you've certainly the experience to do so.

But I know one thing, in all my years in the Arts, there is nothing that has me feel physically as well as Taijiquan.

In my youth, I have a history of not listening to the MD and, of course, not getting better. So, in my geezerdom, I want to get better, not worse, so I will listen and see where that gets me.

Doing a lot of reading on things Taijiquan while I'm recovering. mostly things written by Cheng Manching and his students

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds like you made a mess in there. Hope the swelling starts down soon (that's usually the biggest limitation on recovery, especially around range of motion).

And good decision on following the doc's orders. I tend to follow most of their orders, more or less.

it is pretty swollen at the moment with 2 stitched up holes in it

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry, man. I promise to clear the cookies if we ever make it to Maui.
Cookies?
giphy.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

So when are you coming to Zumba?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is a woman in my Barre class who is 72. In my yoga class - 86. Two mother and daughter pairs in my POUND and Zumba classes.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a woman in my Barre class who is 72. In my yoga class - 86. Two mother and daughter pairs in my POUND and Zumba classes.
But he's a guy, who never listened to his doc.....
There is a reason women live longer!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny coincidence. Ill be heading for laguardia around 5am
Why would you choose to go there???

Seriously, LGA is my least favorite airport of all time, especially with the construction they've been doing there for the last thousand years or so. And my client keeps booking me there....even when it's 90 minutes farther away from my site than Newark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions