Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As much as I dislike cutting grass, the smell of freshly mown lawn is a wonderfully summer thing that brings smiles and sighs.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud..... NOW you have a zero turn..... I have to suffer though 90 degree temps on a regular old lawn tractor with no roof and no AC for 3/4 of an acre...sheesh...... some guys have it to easy :D

Actually we bought a new tractor last year and a zero turn, on my property, with the (small) hills I have, I'd likely hurt myself.
Well today was a blast. The stand for the tedder fell off in one of the fields and it took me and my son 3 hours to find it. It would have seriously damaged the baler if it had picked up the stand and went through the baler. Then I started raking and blew a hydraulic hose about an hour in. I have not ran our main baler yet this year and there is almost always some little tweak you have to make. I had expected to finish today or tomorrow because I have firm commitments for Saturday. I expect it to be a very long day tomorrow. Oh, the joys of baling hay. I still would not trade it for anything.:)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't shun me...I woke up this morning and couldn't walk...have pity on poor injured pathetic me :D

I find out next week what the MD wants to do about the knee
Man, I hope he has some good news for you. I've only once had a "can't walk today" experience, and that's no fun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Man, I hope he has some good news for you. I've only once had a "can't walk today" experience, and that's no fun.

Sadly I have had it a few times. This is why there is not a cane next to my bed. I will hopefully know more on Tuesday, but at my last visit he was talking arthroscopic surgery and ultrasound targeted cortisone shots.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sadly I have had it a few times. This is why there is not a cane next to my bed. I will hopefully know more on Tuesday, but at my last visit he was talking arthroscopic surgery and ultrasound targeted cortisone shots.
For some reason, this reminded me of the quote at the front of an aircooled VW manual (one that anyone who's ever owned an aircooled VW has likely owned). "Come kindly to terms with your ***, for it bears you." I guess the same is true for your knees. Take care, man.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
For some reason, this reminded me of the quote at the front of an aircooled VW manual (one that anyone who's ever owned an aircooled VW has likely owned). "Come kindly to terms with your ***, for it bears you." I guess the same is true for your knees. Take care, man.

Thanks you

The irony here is I was once a VW mechanic and the only one who would dare change the exhaust systems and heater boxes on the old Beetles we occasionally got in the shop :D

Its the left knee, and right hip.....I have come to terms with both, they left me little choice :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks you

The irony here is I was once a VW mechanic and the only one who would dare change the exhaust systems and heater boxes on the old Beetles we occasionally got in the shop :D

Its the left knee, and right hip.....I have come to terms with both, they left me little choice :D

My best friend used to have a VW when we were eighteen. We had to scrape the ice off the wind shield in the winter. Off the INSIDE of the wind shield.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My best friend used to have a VW when we were eighteen. We had to scrape the ice off the wind shield in the winter. Off the INSIDE of the wind shield.

I had a gigantic old Chrysler, in my misspent youth, that did the same exact thing.

A buddy of mine in high school got a Volkswagen Type III like this one, but his was red.

622322.jpg

He got awfully mad at me one day in the winter, during a New England snowstorm, riding in his car. The problem was he had a sun roof that you had to crank open, it was snowing and I was riding in the car for the first time and saw the sun roof. I proceeded to crank it open, stick my head out, started calling out targets and elevations and told him I was the tank commander..... don't know why, but he never let me ride in his car again :D

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been asked super late notice to jump on keys for the band at one of our church's campuses tomorrow morning... I..... am..... terrified!!! I've been wanting this for ages, and it'll be my first time up there. My body is exhausted from the anxiety, far out. I've never even played in a band, always only done solo piano stuff, so this shall be interesting!

Got asked on Wednesday night, so have been just practicing nonstop for 3 days. Pretty simple chord progressions, the practice really helped and I've got it all memorised, so currently feeling a great deal better than the previous days. I've never crammed so much prep before in my life haha.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been asked super late notice to jump on keys for the band at one of our church's campuses tomorrow morning... I..... am..... terrified!!! I've been wanting this for ages, and it'll be my first time up there. My body is exhausted from the anxiety, far out. I've never even played in a band, always only done solo piano stuff, so this shall be interesting!

Got asked on Wednesday night, so have been just practicing nonstop for 3 days. Pretty simple chord progressions, the practice really helped and I've got it all memorised, so currently feeling a great deal better than the previous days. I've never crammed so much prep before in my life haha.
Good luck - have fun with it, man!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ahhhh.. it went so well. So powerful being up there with the band...All three songs went amazing, and transitions too! I just stuffed up bigtime in the after songs/MC bit, was so confused what we were doing haha just plonking whatever chord progressions I could even though the electric guitar and bass player may have been playing something else haha, but apart from that it was such a blessing. Reliiiiiiiief

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ahhhh.. it went so well. So powerful being up there with the band...All three songs went amazing, and transitions too! I just stuffed up bigtime in the after songs/MC bit, was so confused what we were doing haha just plonking whatever chord progressions I could even though the electric guitar and bass player may have been playing something else haha, but apart from that it was such a blessing. Reliiiiiiiief
Not bad for a standby cymbalist!
You need to jam with them more often!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the arguments on this site are too much for me sometimes. Been taking a bit of a break from participating (or even reading everything)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not bad for a standby cymbalist!
You need to jam with them more often!
Haha ah the underestimated power of the cymbal! I should have just done that instead of just playing F, G and C chords over and over XD

Yeah definitely will get more comfortable the more I do it :). I at least know the general flow of how it goes now, especially with the 'in ears' headphones directing me and clicking at me!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some of the arguments on this site are too much for me sometimes. Been taking a bit of a break from participating (or even reading everything)
Yep, fair enough, it can get a little pointless and divisive. Sometimes good can come from it when someone can finally drop their guard and see things from another viewpoint or perspective. But it's easy to see when it's just agendas that won't back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions