Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
An old guy came up to me at work last night and said "Hey, Barney Fife, give me all your money before I kick your f'n ash". Then, without taking a breath he continued "you know I'm, kidding, right?" (I loved the Barney Fife reference, though)

People tend to forget they are on the most isolated land mass on planet earth and things can work differently here.

He is still waiting for a plane. He might have a long wait.

Many years ago, when I was uniform security for NYS, I was out walking the perimeter one evening, I was carrying my hat. As I walked in front of the building I stopped to look at something on the front of the building. Then someone came up behind me and I heard this "Give me your money". I put my uniform hat on as I turned and put my hand on my maglite and said "What did you say?" I was about a half a foot taller than the guy and he stood there with that deer in the headlights look and then said "I...i....um....i..... aaaaa...need money for the bus" I told him to get the hell out of here and he ran up the street like a scared rabbit.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
New Security systems installed on the network by our NYS office. They work great...so far they have tagged all my security tools I use as malware and locked my security PC out of the network.....yup....great stuff
Happy Holiday

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Video I put together for USKA. They are honoring Master Trias and the 30th anniversary of the forming of alliance.

My wife did the narration. I thought she did a good job. Now I have to do a longer tribute video for Grand Master Trias for them to play at his memorial. It's been pretty interesting going through the old videos and pictures from the last 70 years.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I must be more injured than I thought.

Mrs Xue, who generally calls me a wimp when I am sick or hurt, was after me this morning to wear a knee brace and walk with a cane...... I was not nervous about any of this before, but I am now :D

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I must be more injured than I thought.

Mrs Xue, who generally calls me a wimp when I am sick or hurt, was after me this morning to wear a knee brace and walk with a cane...... I was not nervous about any of this before, but I am now :D
You should be very nervous. Everyone is out to get you xue. Nobody should be trusted. In fact you should go ahead and disregard what I said. Can't trust me either. You probably can't even trust yourself either. Your thoughts can lie to you just as easily as I can.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be very nervous. Everyone is out to get you xue. Nobody should be trusted. In fact you should go ahead and disregard what I said. Can't trust me either. You probably can't even trust yourself either. Your thoughts can lie to you just as easily as I can.
I agree.

...or maybe I don't...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

No worries, I have not trusted me for years :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool. How automated was the assembly line? Professional curiosity. Having never been near that part of the world I may have a misconception about it.
It was not. The only automated part was the movement of the belt from which the car carcasses were hanging. Everything was done manually. The bit about the mallet @gpseymour is referring to went as follows. The person to install trunk locks was this slip of a girl - little blonde creature with big eyes. She probably weighed 90 pounds soaking wet in a fur coat. She installed the locks and was then expected to test them to make sure the trunk could open and close. Whenever the trunk didn't open, she whacked it with a mallet and popped it open. If it refused to close, she whacked it again so it would stay shut. Whether it would ever open or close again was of no interest to her. She got it to open and close once - and that was that.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It was not. The only automated part was the movement of the belt from which the car carcasses were hanging. Everything was done manually. The bit about the mallet @gpseymour is referring to went as follows. The person to install trunk locks was this slip of a girl - little blonde creature with big eyes. She probably weighed 90 pounds soaking wet in a fur coat. She installed the locks and was then expected to test them to make sure the trunk could open and close. Whenever the trunk didn't open, she whacked it with a mallet and popped it open. If it refused to close, she whacked it again so it would stay shut. Whether it would ever open or close again was of no interest to her. She got it to open and close once - and that was that.

Oh, a typical UAW shop then :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Video I put together for USKA. They are honoring Master Trias and the 30th anniversary of the forming of alliance.

My wife did the narration. I thought she did a good job. Now I have to do a longer tribute video for Grand Master Trias for them to play at his memorial. It's been pretty interesting going through the old videos and pictures from the last 70 years.

That was terrific, I so enjoyed that. And those old group photos have always been my favorites for so long I can't even remember.

Your wife did a great job too.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was terrific, I so enjoyed that. And those old group photos have always been my favorites for so long I can't even remember.

Your wife did a great job too.

Yeah it's been pretty interesting looking back at that era. I came across some old footage of Joe Lewis, Bill Wallace, Victor Moore Skipper Mullins and others competing back in the day. Plus all the pictures from guys that brought karate to the U.S. in 40s and 50s....it has been a fun project.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

That was awesome man, really cool vid :). Haven't heard of Master Robert Trias but sounds like a real pioneer, respect anyone who goes to great lengths to promote karate in a respectful and unifying way.

And would love to come along to the World Championships! If only I could swim long distances...

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I discovered I get a free gym membership through my work, so I've been going for around an hour most nights (along with the bodyweight workout, yes @Tony Dismukes I'm still doing it. Just keep forgetting what i did by the time I remember to update), Anyway, got out of work a bit later than I intended, and cut my gym workout to 25 minutes to makeup for it. I'm happy tos ay that I'm back to the stage where I miss it if I don't get through a full workout!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I discovered I get a free gym membership through my work, so I've been going for around an hour most nights (along with the bodyweight workout, yes @Tony Dismukes I'm still doing it. Just keep forgetting what i did by the time I remember to update), Anyway, got out of work a bit later than I intended, and cut my gym workout to 25 minutes to makeup for it. I'm happy tos ay that I'm back to the stage where I miss it if I don't get through a full workout!
It can be so hard to get that routine started and much too easy to break it - it's great when it turns into a "want".

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hmm, did good so far, cleaned some stuff up, and have not launched my virtual farm yet.
But I had a short and restless night (short was my fault, restless goes to a sick husband...) but I am enjoying the silence this morning, TV is off.

But I do need to buy some virus protection for the Lenovo Yoga.
I loved Avast for years, free version, considering to actually buy the comprehensive one now. No use in spending big bucks on the machine, then skimping on the protection, Besides, it is supposed to be for my yet to be conceived business! Plus Malwarebytes?
I am open to suggestions.
Also, I am finally understanding the difference between drawing and computer generated graphics...
is there something out there that is for hand drawing to the computer? I mean most allow for it, but as I learned from one tutorial it is not recommended for programs like Inkscape.
(and I am having resolution problems with the machine. I can barely see the task icons on the side, let alone hit it with a pointing device!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions