Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That will be here soon enough too, but I will not be cutting hay. I might be mowing the lawn, on a riding mower, but nothing comparable to cutting hay in that temperature.
they cut that from a riding mower, too

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
they cut that from a riding mower, too

WHAT!!!!!

And here I was feeling sorry for him because I thought he was doing this :D

2801343346_54edb0cb74_b.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You may be thinking back longer than I have been around but I agree that the dialog has been slow to say the least. What do you think happened? Attrition? Or are we just more familiar with each other?
Speaking for myself, I've been very busy lately - between a huge transition at work and trying to keep publishing books. Also, I've had some undesirable news lately and, thus, feeling like I wouldn't be very good company just at the moment. So, I try to abstain from peopling, since I am cranky, snarly, snappy, and all those other dwarves no one ever talks about.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just made an executive decision to take it easy today. So, that's the disturbance in the Force you are all sensing.

Well I made an executive decision to tell a whole bunch of folks I am unavailable next week.... I have to much ding dang work pilling up, while I cover other folks jobs.....I'm thinking it will be the end of western civilization as we know it....but it has to be done.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I made an executive decision to tell a whole bunch of folks I am unavailable next week.... I have to much ding dang work pilling up, while I cover other folks jobs.....I'm thinking it will be the end of western civilization as we know it....but it has to be done.
Meh, western civilization can rebuild itself. But there is only one you.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait, so there was no Scythe involved..... and I suppose the cab was air conditioned too.....sheesh.... my riding mower at 90 degrees is harder :D
I have said having a cab (yes A/C) is a totally different kind of tractoring. One tractor is cab, two are not. I normally cut with the open station tractor, more horsepower and it is usually not too dusty when cutting. It does have a roof. Usually rake with the open station. Tedder and bale with the cab.
I have always intended to take a thermometer with me when on the bigger open station. If the air temp is 90, I am certain it is easily 100 setting in the seat from engine heat. We had a good breeze the last two days and it was not too bad.
It takes three or four cuttings to bale everything. I run a 10' disc mower at around 6mph. so you are riding for a while. Just under 200 acres, so it is a pretty big "yard".:D

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I've been very busy lately - between a huge transition at work and trying to keep publishing books. Also, I've had some undesirable news lately and, thus, feeling like I wouldn't be very good company just at the moment. So, I try to abstain from peopling, since I am cranky, snarly, snappy, and all those other dwarves no one ever talks about.

Really hope you're okay, take some good self-care time too

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have said having a cab (yes A/C) is a totally different kind of tractoring. One tractor is cab, two are not. I normally cut with the open station tractor, more horsepower and it is usually not too dusty when cutting. It does have a roof. Usually rake with the open station. Tedder and bale with the cab.
I have always intended to take a thermometer with me when on the bigger open station. If the air temp is 90, I am certain it is easily 100 setting in the seat from engine heat. We had a good breeze the last two days and it was not too bad.
It takes three or four cuttings to bale everything. I run a 10' disc mower at around 6mph. so you are riding for a while. Just under 200 acres, so it is a pretty big "yard".:D

Yeah, well, I have it worse, I have to cut 3/4 of an acre and I have no A/C and no roof on my lawn tractor :D

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I pray all is well. I enjoy hearing you viewpoint on things.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Our yard is about 3 acres. Glad for the zero turn.

Oh for crying out loud..... NOW you have a zero turn..... I have to suffer though 90 degree temps on a regular old lawn tractor with no roof and no AC for 3/4 of an acre...sheesh...... some guys have it to easy :D

Actually we bought a new tractor last year and a zero turn, on my property, with the (small) hills I have, I'd likely hurt myself.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud..... NOW you have a zero turn..... I have to suffer though 90 degree temps on a regular old lawn tractor with no roof and no AC for 3/4 of an acre...sheesh...... some guys have it to easy :D

Actually we bought a new tractor last year and a zero turn, on my property, with the (small) hills I have, I'd likely hurt myself.
and there I thought I'd have to shun you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions