Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's impressive. Are you a weather wizard?

No, but I was told by the person at the visitors center that I was lucky, I was there for a rare weather event....a blizzard and a whiteout at the grand canyon.
To which I responded...I'm from upstate NY, I can see this multiple times every winter..... but I cannot see the grand canyon and that is what I'm here to see

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, but I was told by the person at the visitors center that I was lucky, I was there for a rare weather event....a blizzard and a whiteout at the grand canyon.
To which I responded...I'm from upstate NY, I can see this multiple times every winter..... but I cannot see the grand canyon and that is what I'm here to see
Yeah...I would not consider that lucky. At all.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mowed the yard. Thought the lawnmower was smoking. Turns out it was just my breath. It's cold outside.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
As someone who actually studied thermodynamics and heat transfer, I can't even express how much I am in love with this. I am gazing at this the way the NASA team was gazing at the Mars lander's telemetry data. @gpseymour , careful with this - it's a bit technical.

52586317_2743414232355402_6543535498982326272_n.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
As someone who actually studied thermodynamics and heat transfer, I can't even express how much I am in love with this. I am gazing at this the way the NASA team was gazing at the Mars lander's telemetry data. @gpseymour , careful with this - it's a bit technical.

HAHAHAHAHA that is too good XD

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's impressive. Are you a weather wizard?[
Going on vacation next week, going to try and see the Grand Canyon again...last time I was there....I got to see a Blizzard...but no Canyon
We did the burro ride down into the canyon. Had a great experience. What time of year did you go to get caught by a blizzard?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, how do we convert that for those mammoth chicken breasts we have in the freezer? If I start now, I can probably slap-cook one of them for this weekend.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, how do we convert that for those mammoth chicken breasts we have in the freezer? If I start now, I can probably slap-cook one of them for this weekend.
We do have a convection microwave. It's right there. In the kitchen. On the counter. Left of the spice cabinet.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do have a convection microwave. It's right there. In the kitchen. On the counter. Left of the spice cabinet.
And your point is? Are you trying to stifle progress in the area of green cooking development? Slap-cooking is carbon-neutral, damnit.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you'll need to eat three of them to replenish the energy spend on slapping them though.
As you need to slap pretty fast, as not to lose the already gained temperature to the ambient

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll need to eat three of them to replenish the energy spend on slapping them though.
As you need to slap pretty fast, as not to lose the already gained temperature to the ambient
So, you're saying it's not only "green" technology, but also slimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions