Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my news:

My new (to me) skates turned up today.

I have no idea what the cool kids call them nowadays, but I'm old, so they're skates for now...

View attachment 21956
AWESOME! Bauer are a great brand, still have my Bauer hockey gloves. I'm a blader, mainly street/park (grinds, spins, grabs), but I need to get me a good pair of recreational blades, it is so darn fun :) (great training for the legs too far out...)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
AWESOME! Bauer are a great brand, still have my Bauer hockey gloves. I'm a blader, mainly street/park (grinds, spins, grabs), but I need to get me a good pair of recreational blades, it is so darn fun :) (great training for the legs too far out...)

I went for these because back in the 80s Bauer were one of the ones to have - pleased to say it doesn't look like quality has slipped between then and when my 'new' ones were made (they're used, but really not much at all).

MA club kid's Xmas skate party on Saturday - so obviously I'm attending to "assist" :D

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My two pairs @pdg. Arrrgh ankle get better soon so I can skate it up!
295bf36bcdf06d937f4bc934ece89f16.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I went for these because back in the 80s Bauer were one of the ones to have - pleased to say it doesn't look like quality has slipped between then and when my 'new' ones were made (they're used, but really not much at all).

MA club kid's Xmas skate party on Saturday - so obviously I'm attending to "assist" :D

Awesome, yep a very reputable brand, and that is so darn cool haha. Love a good skate party :), I think I had one for myyy 22nd or 23rd birthday party haha

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did look at some of the more "aggressive" skates, but at least for now I think something a bit more all-rounder is more suitable.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was in a "few" fights in highschool and college....numerous "scrapes" working in LEO......the only broken nose I've ever had was trying to skate...:blackeye:

Haven't been on any since. They were the old school skates though.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was in a "few" fights in highschool and college....numerous "scrapes" working in LEO......the only broken nose I've ever had was trying to skate...:blackeye:

There's a group of people looking to resurrect the roller disco idea near me - went to their trial one and looking forward to when they start up holding them regularly in the new year.

The old type ones (quads they're called now by all accounts) are a bit different, but that's what I grew up with - don't think blades even existed when I was a kid.

Edit: ok, they definitely existed - but weren't common...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There's a group of people looking to resurrect the roller disco idea near me - went to their trial one and looking forward to when they start up holding them regularly in the new year.

The old type ones (quads they're called now by all accounts) are a bit different, but that's what I grew up with - don't think blades even existed when I was a kid.

shoot! you ain't that young, are you!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had a pair that had no brakes. You just turned on e sideways, dragged your foot, and hoped for the best. How I never broke anything is a mystery worthy of Leonard Nimoy narration.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’d definitely go if someone opened a roller disco. That was the only place I wasn’t shy as a kid.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who speaks (I assume) chinese, is the spammer actually saying anything? The random inclusion of american universities makes me curious

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who speaks (I assume) chinese, is the spammer actually saying anything? The random inclusion of american universities makes me curious
Remembered google translate is a thing. Apparently it's an add for earning a degree at those universities, a very in-depth one too.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

It says

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions