CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Luckily it seems like a pretty easy one

copying-test.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We like it so much here we never have just one ;)
Well, of course we can't have just one math. There is theoretical math, applied math, mathematical realism, mathematical anti-realism, Platonism, mathematicism, logicism, formalism, conventionalism, constructivism, finitism, structuralism, Aristotelian realism, psychologism, empiricism... I am not boring you am I?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, of course we can't have just one math. There is theoretical math, applied math, mathematical realism, mathematical anti-realism, Platonism, mathematicism, logicism, formalism, conventionalism, constructivism, finitism, structuralism, Aristotelian realism, psychologism, empiricism... I am not boring you am I?

You're still being far too singular.

That's why we call it maths here :p

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I had to look up "empiricism". Found that rather interesting. Certainly explains why there's so many different opinions in the Martial Arts world.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had to look up "empiricism". Found that rather interesting. Certainly explains why there's so many different opinions in the Martial Arts world.
That is an interesting thought... You know, I've never thought of martial arts as something analogous to mathematics... But you are right. I am actually quite terrible at mathematics, but I think it's a good idea - comprehending the difference of opinions in martial arts by looking at all the different schools of thought in mathematics.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned in my official papers today. As of Jan 1st, I'm retired from Police Work. I'll be starting my new career Jan 7th. Ugh I've never had a real job before lol
Congrats!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Turned in my official papers today. As of Jan 1st, I'm retired from Police Work. I'll be starting my new career Jan 7th. Ugh I've never had a real job before lol

Congrats....I got a minimum 8 more years...maximum 13 left

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
We changed our contract this year to front-load military time so I'm rolling out sooner then I thought I could.

I can buy back 2 years with another agency and add to my time but I don't think I will...its pretty expensive to buy it back.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, you are doing it right, but getting another job though, otherwise you'd never have a restful minute.
Your new job doesn't sound like rainbows and butterflies though!
I am tipping my cap to you! Not everybody can deal with that subject matter.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, you are doing it right, but getting another job though, otherwise you'd never have a restful minute.
Yeah, I'm too young to be retired too old to keep chasing around 18 year olds.
Your new job doesn't sound like rainbows and butterflies though!
I am tipping my cap to you! Not everybody can deal with that subject matter.
Thankfully I'm not going to be doing any casework I'm just going to be training Police officers mostly. Sadly I've worked a few child sex trafficking cases over the last few years so my first-hand knowledge helped me get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions