Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a wanted man
Public enemy number one
Understand

You know folks....I'm particularly ornery of late....don't have my usual ability at ignoring and dealing with those that annoy me. And I did not enjoy much of today on MT. Much because I let it get to me....so without further adieu...I think I will take a short break from MT...someone else will have to let the mods know about our new pet spammer......later

giphy.gif

If you don't come back I'll go find you, bro.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're as aware as I am that in the case of a real targeted attack an IP restriction is nothing more than a slight delay...

Does anyone use any of the 'sister' sites, and if so are the same things happening on those?

It may be a wider issue than MT.
Yeah, it wouldn't be a real fix, but it's something many sites go to next, if they have that capability. If the attack is by an individual, it might be enough to make them lose interest (or it might make it feel like "a challenge").

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't come back I'll go find you, bro.

That’s a fact @Xue Sheng

@Buka has a very particular set of skills, skills He has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If you return, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, He will not pursue you. But if you don't, He will look for you, He will find you, and He will feed you bacon.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey, where have you been hiding?
Just been super busy. I started a new business so that took alot of my time. I'm about to retire from law enforcement in a few weeks and am taking a training director position in the DC area. So I should have a far more normal and standard schedule. So I want to start looking for something new to train in while I'm in DC. So I'm stalking the forum now looking to see what I want to learn next.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That’s a fact @Xue Sheng

@Buka has a very particular set of skills, skills He has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If you return, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, He will not pursue you. But if you don't, He will look for you, He will find you, and He will feed you bacon.
On the subject of bacon - some silly scientist had published an article saying the advent of veganism will soon eliminate the need for bacon. I laughed... and laughed... and laughed some more... and commented how cute he was... and then laughed some more.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just been super busy. I started a new business so that took alot of my time. I'm about to retire from law enforcement in a few weeks and am taking a training director position in the DC area. So I should have a far more normal and standard schedule. So I want to start looking for something new to train in while I'm in DC. So I'm stalking the forum now looking to see what I want to learn next.

Exciting time for you, bro. All the best going forward.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I look forward to hearing about the new adventure. I used to do a fair amount of work in the DC area. If my client sends me up there again, I'll give a shout.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Steve turned me onto that site some time ago. They regularly have very cool gis. I keep trying to convince myself I need a new gi. I only have about 5 right now, so I should probably get another before the situation gets critical. Might also want to keep an eye on their sister site, MMAHQ. I've picked up a good deal on hand wraps there, and they sometimes have deals on gloves and such.
Only 5, ah man you'd better get on that... that is dire!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never tried the forearm variety. I just know I can move fast on the underarm kind, so that's what I've always gone with. Still have a pair in the attic from my broken leg a few years ago (wow...actually almost 8 years ago, now...................)
Yeah it's tricky learning to use it... I didn't mind the underarm one that I used years ago. But just trialling it out now. I can still walk, but just waiting to get this darn cast put on..

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
On the subject of bacon - some silly scientist had published an article saying the advent of veganism will soon eliminate the need for bacon. I laughed... and laughed... and laughed some more... and commented how cute he was... and then laughed some more.
Ahhhhhahahahahaha..... ah.... geewillikers... what a silly sausage... XD

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That wasn't much of a scientist.
not everybody can stay healthy as vegetarian...
And vegans have a screw loose for most parts anyhow!
(I only met one who wasn't an idiot. He was crazy, but has paratrooper who blew his knee out on a landmine, who am I to judge

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all the same spammer. The weird thing is, if I remember correctly, I had to do that before I had permission to post. I asusme these people are lying before they start posting.
Since the ownership change, some of the registration process and back end stuff has changed. The spammer-filters actually catch a lot, and there's a lot that gets flagged for human review, too... But it's a never-ending battle with changing terrain and weapons...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Since the ownership change, some of the registration process and back end stuff has changed. The spammer-filters actually catch a lot, and there's a lot that gets flagged for human review, too... But it's a never-ending battle with changing terrain and weapons...

And thank you guys so much for doing it. Seriously, much appreciated.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's tricky learning to use it... I didn't mind the underarm one that I used years ago. But just trialling it out now. I can still walk, but just waiting to get this darn cast put on..
Ah, just go pick up a bag of Quickrete.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We appreciate all the crap we don't have to see, man.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm sure you're as aware as I am that in the case of a real targeted attack an IP restriction is nothing more than a slight delay...

Does anyone use any of the 'sister' sites, and if so are the same things happening on those?

It may be a wider issue than MT.
It's happening on Taekwondo Forums too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions