Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
nice one jack ;)

problem IT'S YOUR SISTERS CAT therefore you'll never get any joy even if the cat started it --- it's a lose lose situation unfortunately :(

unlike your story i treat both jake and pud the same and when i get even remotely hacked off they both scarper sharpish --- therefore i win every time :)

I bet they are both good pets, they wouldn't do anything bad on purpose if they do they probably don't know

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I am soooooooooooooooo sore!
And I am not even sore from training, working out or fighting (unless you count fighting clutter)

My **** feels like it wants to separate from the rest of my body, and I only now realized my back was tender as well...

Wrestled the vacuum cleaner yesterday, in a vein attempt to locate something DH misplaced...I don't even know what the thing looks like...but it is impooooortaaaaaant.....I still have not seen it and didn't lose it...
More to clean, but I think I will go to the store, get some Advil (since Ibuprofene didn't cut it, waiting for the Tylenol to kick in now...) sooooooooooooooo much stuff to do.....
:(

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I am soooooooooooooooo sore!
And I am not even sore from training, working out or fighting (unless you count fighting clutter)

My **** feels like it wants to separate from the rest of my body, and I only now realized my back was tender as well...

poor granfire - that makes two of us out injured cos my foot needs replacing ;)

Wrestled the vacuum cleaner yesterday, in a vein attempt to locate something DH misplaced...I don't even know what the thing looks like...but it is impooooortaaaaaant.....I still have not seen it and didn't lose it...
More to clean, but I think I will go to the store, get some Advil (since Ibuprofene didn't cut it, waiting for the Tylenol to kick in now...) sooooooooooooooo much stuff to do.....
:(

i just took another 4 tramadol and my foot is still killing me :( aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh - so frustrating ;)

i did some training tonight and it all felt good until i tried some air kicks and that was the limit for my right foot :) i'm still kicking the bag with my left foot, i can knee and elbow and step in and out with my bad leg :) and it all felt good :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got the Aleve...not a huge difference...

I really ought to cut off my internet...I got so much stuff to do.
Too bad, it's on the computer...hence my perpetual distraction with the net...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will go to the store, get some Advil (since Ibuprofene didn't cut it, waiting for the Tylenol to kick in now...)

Advil, Motrin and Ibuprofen are exactly the same thing. You probably won't find much relief with Tylenol, because muscle pain is inflammatory, and Acetaminophen doesn't really have any anti-inflammatory properties. If Advil didn't work, try Naproxen (Aleve).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I made a special trip to the store to get some Aleve...still hurting....(I only took one though..)

Man, cleaning house is for the birds!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
looking for advice on the crane stance in WTF 1st Dan form - keumgang - I work very hard on my balance but this form just kills it.. :/

Keumgang is the form learned at 2nd Dan for Kukkiwon rank. Not WTF. It's learned at 1st Dan in our school.

Keep your knee slightly bent, but do NOT squat before or during the stance. And stop practicing the form. Practice this stance, on both legs, staying in it until you either lose your balance or (the goal...) you CHOOSE to step down. And bear in mind that the diamond low block done during the form is done SLOWLY.

Sue and I were just talking about Keumgang the other day. I think it's a fine example of how the TKD forms match the meaning and philosophy behind a form with what you're learning.
Keumgang means diamond, or being indestructable... And doing the form properly requires you to spend considerable time in the crane stance; on one leg, practicing your balance. And balance is key to proper stances and proper techniques. And you certainly cannot strive to be indestructible if your stances are unbalanced...

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I want to get mad at jack for leaving a trail of mud in the house, I really do but it's hard... It's frustrating when he makes those wide eye stares as if he doesn't know what's going on... But oh well just clean the mess, clean him him off and go watch tv and straight to bed :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cat is having her 5 minutes....for hours at this time. Crap is flying everywhere as she is bouncing off the furniture.....what a nutter!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cat is having her 5 minutes....for hours at this time. Crap is flying everywhere as she is bouncing off the furniture.....what a nutter!

"Cat" and "nutter" in the same sentence is redundant...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the only constant in life is change, isn't it...
after loosing 2 scout masters in one year, this summer we lost our district guy (not a huge loss, nice guy, but sucked at the job), got a new pastor, our current scout master is looking for a new job, now my girl scout district lady is moving on.....what gives?!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow I gotta go get a yearly checkup, and since I haven't taken allergy medicine in while... The doctor gets mad when I tell her I haven't taken my allergy medicine... Tomorrow is going to be a long day. But good news i get to help get decorations for Davids wedding, and I got a new yarmulke too

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

it's ok my doggy has a mad 20 minutes everyday where he just runs up and down and just being silly :) i just stand there watchihng him shaking my head and shrugging my shoulders as if to say "wtf are you doing ?"

pud actually joined in with jake's antics last night :) so cool to see :) and then the pair of them just collapsed LoL :) i woke up this morning to find pud buried inside jake's paws with head in his chest fur :):):) really can't believe how well they get along tbh :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
today i took apart a gearbox on my kitchen floor as per usual and all this gungy type stuff came out of it and all over the floor so i banished the "kids" to the living room :) and set about cleaning it up :)

well roll on about 3hours and i've just come out of the kitchen --- short story, i started cleaning up the mess and got that sorted then i filled the dishwasher with plates and utensils :) put the sort of clean gearbox outside :) and washed the whole of my kitchen from top to bottom :) now it's sparkling and i can't bring myself to put the gearbox back in the kitchen :( i'm thinking that my kids think that i've gone completely nuts LoL ;) along the lines of "wtf is mommy actually doing in there cos she's not cooking ?"

in short my kitchen has got more sparkle than a sparkly thing :) my kids beds have been hoovered and shook out and put back were they were :) all the food and water bowls have been scrubbed and put back on their rubber mats :)

can't wait for my friends to come round later cos i think that they'll be speechless LoL ;)

and it's probably been the most theraputic 3 hours i've had in a long long time :)

had more exercise too than going to the gym -- was really sweating by the time i'd finished --- didn't realise just how much of a workout household chores can be and i live by myself :) GOD help me if i ever meet someone cos that'll mean two lots of human stuff to tidy up LoL ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You really don't listen well.
I was SORE for two days - TWO DAYS - after cleaning!
I tell you, cleaning house is DANGEROUS! should be outlawed! ;)

:lfao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions