Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new member who went around replying to old threads, I was seeing a bunch of names there that haven't posted (that I've seen) since I joined. I always wonder what those folks are up to - would be cool for a handful of them to show up every now and then.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
With the new member who went around replying to old threads, I was seeing a bunch of names there that haven't posted (that I've seen) since I joined. I always wonder what those folks are up to - would be cool for a handful of them to show up every now and then.
Like who? There are some old guys it would be good to hear from again. Some... no.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Honestly, some posters I actually enjoyed talking to once the politics were removed from the forum.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think my fortune cookie is wanting me to be nice:
'The most direct approach isn't always the best. Use diplomacy.'

Guess telling the boss to 'bite me' is out of the question....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I've been here awhile and there are a lot of good martial artists who no longer post on MT. I miss thier input to martial arts discussions and their knowledge too

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had full cord of firewood delivered after lunch. Was having "fun" stacking it until a group of yellowjackets decided maple smells divine.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had full cord of firewood delivered after lunch. Was having "fun" stacking it until a group of yellowjackets decided maple smells divine.

Yellow Jackets...what so bad about that :D

hqdefault.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Been out of work with a hurt back. Immediately I consult my Martial Arts handbook of healing -

Italian food, wine, cigar. Repeat as necessary. See, martial Arts can cure anything.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been out of work with a hurt back. Immediately I consult my Martial Arts handbook of healing -

Italian food, wine, cigar. Repeat as necessary. See, martial Arts can cure anything.
It works better with whisky (or whiskey). Not instead of the wine, though.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Get better fast.
After 5 months off for treatment of my throat cancer (surgery, chemo and radiation), I'm finally back. First two shifts, I thought I was doing good (not busy...). Third shift, I spent three hours in a resuscitation of an HIV+, alcoholic, GI bleed with a hemoglobin of 3 (!). He got alllll the tubes and alllllll the meds and alllllll the bloods. I was damn near dead myself by the time we got him stabilized and off to ICU.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get better fast.
After 5 months off for treatment of my throat cancer (surgery, chemo and radiation), I'm finally back. First two shifts, I thought I was doing good (not busy...). Third shift, I spent three hours in a resuscitation of an HIV+, alcoholic, GI bleed with a hemoglobin of 3 (!). He got alllll the tubes and alllllll the meds and alllllll the bloods. I was damn near dead myself by the time we got him stabilized and off to ICU.
Glad to hear you're back at it DD. I hope treatment went as well as can be hoped for.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're back at it DD. I hope treatment went as well as can be hoped for.

Thanks. I think it did, but we've got a PET scan scheduled for next month to make sure it's all gone.
Even as long as I've been in the ER, it amazes me how much treatment like this takes out of you. I had a tonsillectomy and a radical neck dissection followed by daily chemo and radiation. I pretty much got up, went to treatment, and then went back to bed, exhausted. If I slept 19 hours a day, I was only tired, not a zombie.

I've still got no salivary gland function, so cotton mouth is a way of life and eating is...interesting... Minimal taste (which is a vast improvement over the months with ZERO taste, or the 6 weeks when the muscles used to swallow were paralyzed and I had to use a feeding tube). The left side of my face, neck and shoulder are numb. My beard hasn't grown back (except a soul patch), and I'm no longer a blond.
All of that I can work with, though. :)

Our senior students all pitched in to help at the dojang, which doesn't surprise me at all.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think it did, but we've got a PET scan scheduled for next month to make sure it's all gone.
Even as long as I've been in the ER, it amazes me how much treatment like this takes out of you. I had a tonsillectomy and a radical neck dissection followed by daily chemo and radiation. I pretty much got up, went to treatment, and then went back to bed, exhausted. If I slept 19 hours a day, I was only tired, not a zombie.

I've still got no salivary gland function, so cotton mouth is a way of life and eating is...interesting... Minimal taste (which is a vast improvement over the months with ZERO taste, or the 6 weeks when the muscles used to swallow were paralyzed and I had to use a feeding tube). The left side of my face, neck and shoulder are numb. My beard hasn't grown back (except a soul patch), and I'm no longer a blond.
All of that I can work with, though. :)

Our senior students all pitched in to help at the dojang, which doesn't surprise me at all.
On the whole, a good outcome - I hope the PET scan brings confirmation. That's some scary stuff to deal with, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions