Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was ignoring one fellow.
but then his basement was filled in, and all problems got solved. :shy:

Hit the big 40 today.

Note: I do accept PayPal for any monetary gifts......just saying.

Hit the big 40 today.

Note: I do accept PayPal for any monetary gifts......just saying.

I have this feller from Nigeria who wants to give money away....send me your email addy and I'll hook you up.

I have this feller from Nigeria who wants to give money away....send me your email addy and I'll hook you up.

Thats ok.....I got an email a while back that I had a Family Member in Nigeria pass away and if I just send a processing fee they can send me my multi-million dollar inheritance.

Just curious....What weapon do you run?

My son runs Bo and he is learning Kamas. He also knows Nunchaku but likes the Bo and Kamas better.

Yesterday, I used my bo staff - but also train with nunchaku
and am currently learning a sword form.. kind of experimenting
with sai, but just for fun

Well, alone in the house again.....surprisingly.... with nothing to do...so.... back to the basement...for some more xingy and taiji and then I think I'll make myself something to eat.

The word "bo" means staff. So you used your staff staff?
I tend to say "bo staff" a lot, myself, when I can't point at the weapon in question, because:
  • "Bo" sounds like "beau" which is still sometimes heard in the Southern US as a term for "boyfriend", so I have to be careful what I communicate when I say, "I was practicing with my bo."
  • "Staff" is still vague - which staff? And "I was working with my long staff" is worse that the first option.

I say bo bo. Is that wrong?

Edit: Its a bonus that the term is mildly inappropriate in at least a few Asian languages. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back