Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a nice white tea blend in the cupboard. Maybe I'll drink some tomorrow after coffee.
I like a little more substance.
Or a nice Darjeeling, but hard to come by here in my neck of the woods.
If I had $$ I think I opened a tea shop

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
had to step away from one of my matches tonight
in Olympic sparring class.. there's only been 2 kicks
I've felt since starting TKD that have reminded me
of the night I got jumped, this was one of them...
I finished the class continuing to spar so am counting
the class as a success for not giving up

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a drag strip about 10 minutes from my house.
But I'll be totally honest and admit that an empty 4-lane divided highway with 5 mile visibility will work for me.
La la la la...

You said drag strip, that's all I heard. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score

I tried substituting black tea for coffee for a while back in college. No way, I literally had to run to the bathroom every 3 minutes and I had thought I was bad on coffee.....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Time zones are an interesting thing. While some of you are drinking coffee at this very moment, because it's morning, I'm drinking Grey Goose at this very moment, because...I WANT TO. (He giggles at his nonsensical ramblings)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't drink tea as much as I used to, since I've converted my wife from Earl Grey to coffee. My personal preference is a strong Irish Breakfast tea. Sometimes, though, I just want something hot that's not coffee. And that white tea blend is about as far from coffee as I can get.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had to step away from one of my matches tonight
in Olympic sparring class.. there's only been 2 kicks
I've felt since starting TKD that have reminded me
of the night I got jumped, this was one of them...
I finished the class continuing to spar so am counting
the class as a success for not giving up
I don't know that story, KS (and it's probably not necessary that I know it), but I applaud your strength in not letting that reaction end your class. That is, indeed, a success.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time zones are an interesting thing. While some of you are drinking coffee at this very moment, because it's morning, I'm drinking Grey Goose at this very moment, because...I WANT TO. (He giggles at his nonsensical ramblings)
Well, I could drink that stuff now, too, Buka. Mind you, I'd be much more cooperative at the Chiropractor's office in a bit, though that assumes I'd manage to get there.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried substituting black tea for coffee for a while back in college. No way, I literally had to run to the bathroom every 3 minutes and I had thought I was bad on coffee.....
I'm the other way around. My main reason for not switching to tea is simple: I don't "feel" the caffeine as much from tea. It's probably entirely my perception - coffee's taste just wakes me up better.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I generally drink tea, but occasionally I have coffee. With that said, I am drinking coffee at the moment.....well actually not at the moment....I finished it.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I should also add that I got in to Barely tea when I was in China and my wife brings back some very good barely tea for me every time she goes to China. And I will likely have a cup of that on my way to work today.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should also add that I got in to Barely tea when I was in China and my wife brings back some very good barely tea for me every time she goes to China. And I will likely have a cup of that on my way to work today.
What is "barely tea"? Or were you referring to barley tea, and autocorrect butted in?

BuckerooBonzai

Orange Belt
Reaction score

We used to drink a lot of "bori cha" (not sure if that is the correct spelling form the hangul) in Korea when I first lived there in 1995. Helped make the water not taste so bad. Is this the same thing you are referring to?

Espresso from the home machine, and about 5 of them, for me every day!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What is "barely tea"? Or were you referring to barley tea, and autocorrect butted in?

it appears auto correct got in the way and I did not proof read before posting.... Barley tea

015.JPG

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We used to drink a lot of "bori cha" (not sure if that is the correct spelling form the hangul) in Korea when I first lived there in 1995. Helped make the water not taste so bad. Is this the same thing you are referring to?

Espresso from the home machine, and about 5 of them, for me every day!

Well, after checking as to what bori-cha is...yes... that is dàmàichá..which is Barley tea.....it is the same, but auto correct changed what I wrote, which in my haste I likely spelled wrong in the first place.

Barley Tea is what I was referring to

Barley tea (Chinese: 大麥茶/大麦茶 dàmàichá or 麥茶/麦茶 màichá; Japanese: 麦茶 mugicha; Korean: 보리차 bori-cha) is a roasted-grain-based infusion made from barley which is a staple across Korea, China, and Japan.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't drink tea as much as I used to, since I've converted my wife from Earl Grey to coffee. My personal preference is a strong Irish Breakfast tea. Sometimes, though, I just want something hot that's not coffee. And that white tea blend is about as far from coffee as I can get.
I just drink hot water.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, after checking as to what bori-cha is...yes... that is dàmàichá..which is Barley tea.....it is the same, but auto correct changed what I wrote, which in my haste I likely spelled wrong in the first place.

Barley Tea is what I was referring to

Barley tea (Chinese: 大麥茶/大麦茶 dàmàichá or 麥茶/麦茶 màichá; Japanese: 麦茶 mugicha; Korean: 보리차 bori-cha) is a roasted-grain-based infusion made from barley which is a staple across Korea, China, and Japan.

it needs fermenting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions