Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just found two boxes I had shipped here. Have no idea what's in them. My wife makes detailed packing notes on everything of hers. I label my boxes either "clothes, stuff or junk."

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm, by now it's Wednesday and somehow the week has not improved since Monday. Well, I might go check out a different TKD school tonight maybe that'll help.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just found two boxes I had shipped here. Have no idea what's in them. My wife makes detailed packing notes on everything of hers. I label my boxes either "clothes, stuff or junk."
a guy thing.
I guess it's like Christmas then....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a professor who was known for tough exams and sitting at his desk smiling at you the whole exam.

We called him the Smiling Executioner.

On a side note we also had a professor who was a Vietnam Vet that we nicknamed Dr. Napalm. Lol.
I had a professor I took two upper-level (or was it mid-level) math courses from. I warned some friends in the second one what to expect. His first test was beyond brutal. In the first class, I was literally the only student who passed (with a very low, barely passing grade). After the first test, many students would drop the class, then he'd announce that he'd be dropping our lowest score. The rest of the tests were much easier.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ticket is purchased under the agreement that the Airline can remove the passenger and change his flight if they deem it necessary.

That rule existed prior to him purchasing the ticket.

The proper way of handling it is to complain or sue afterwards...not physically refuse to follow rules set long before this incident happened.
From a business perspective, the airline may have had the legal right, but they did everything wrong.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
From a business perspective, the airline may have had the legal right, but they did everything wrong.
Every single thing I predicted has occurred exactly as I predicted it. It's unclear whether they had a legal right, but that will likely never get completely sussed out, as the matter will almost surely be settled.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are times online that I feel like I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are times online that I feel like I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

No Problem.....

cheshire-cat-we're-all-mad-here-artwork-612x459.png

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just turned down a chance to go deliver some training in London. I would've liked to go, but the client doesn't pay nearly enough to cover that kind of travel time, my wife couldn't have gone with me (nobody else I really like to travel with), and I wouldn't have gotten to do much sight-seeing or visiting. Probably couldn't have gotten my passport renewed in time, in any case.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just turned down a chance to go deliver some training in London. I would've liked to go, but the client doesn't pay nearly enough to cover that kind of travel time, my wife couldn't have gone with me (nobody else I really like to travel with), and I wouldn't have gotten to do much sight-seeing or visiting. Probably couldn't have gotten my passport renewed in time, in any case.
Bummer. That would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions