Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just turned down a chance to go deliver some training in London. I would've liked to go, but the client doesn't pay nearly enough to cover that kind of travel time, my wife couldn't have gone with me (nobody else I really like to travel with), and I wouldn't have gotten to do much sight-seeing or visiting. Probably couldn't have gotten my passport renewed in time, in any case.
when you deliver your training that far do you keep it in one of those pizza bags so it doesnt get cold?

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
on a different note ..
old MCdonald had a sword..... E ... I... iaido

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just turned down a chance to go deliver some training in London. I would've liked to go, but the client doesn't pay nearly enough to cover that kind of travel time, my wife couldn't have gone with me (nobody else I really like to travel with), and I wouldn't have gotten to do much sight-seeing or visiting. Probably couldn't have gotten my passport renewed in time, in any case.

I'll say Hi to London for you in a couple of weeks.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
so in other words your boxes go in "bedroom = clothes" "basement = stuff" "Garage = junk"

Under normal circumstances, yes. Unfortunately, it's a small house, my wife took the whole closet in the bedroom (all of it), houses here have no basements and we have a carport rather than a garage. So I did what any foolish old man would do, procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate. (lazy to the third power)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under normal circumstances, yes. Unfortunately, it's a small house, my wife took the whole closet in the bedroom (all of it), houses here have no basements and we have a carport rather than a garage. So I did what any foolish old man would do, procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate. (lazy to the third power)
That's not restricted to foolish old men. I've been practicing that creed with similar boxes since my early 30's.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's not restricted to foolish old men. I've been practicing that creed with similar boxes since my early 30's.

Do you go into boxes every five years or so, pick something up and think "I might need that" and not throw it away?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Take the cameras out of my house, Buka. Now.

That was funny. :) Can't very well throw out a camera. Even if it doesn't work. I mean, it might heal up or something.

God, we are such pack rats.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was funny. :) Can't very well throw out a camera. Even if it doesn't work. I mean, it might heal up or something.

God, we are such pack rats.
I learned it from my grandfather. He would pick up those lead wheel-balancing weights on the side of the road. Had a coffee can full of those. And other coffee cans near it full of similar bits of potentially useful crap.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you go into boxes every five years or so, pick something up and think "I might need that" and not throw it away?

I found a instruction manual for a Dot Matrix printer in one of my wife's box of records....I kid you not. Think its safe to say we can get rid of that.

And don't get me started on movies on VCR tapes....:banghead:. That's been an ongoing battle

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a instruction manual for a Dot Matrix printer in one of my wife's box of records....I kid you not. Think its safe to say we can get rid of that.

And don't get me started on movies on VCR tapes....:banghead:. That's been an ongoing battle
I still have a box of woodworking videos on VHS downstairs. I haven't had a way to play them for at least 6 years.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I have Star Wars and the empire strikes back on laserdisc. And a few Disney movies on VHS

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wow. I haven't thought about laserdisc in ages.
We bought a laserdisc player specifically because it was the only way at the time to get letterboxes movies. That and we,wanted the directors cut of the abyss, which is truly awesome and completely changed the movie.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We bought a laserdisc player specifically because it was the only way at the time to get letterboxes movies. That and we,wanted the directors cut of the abyss, which is truly awesome and completely changed the movie.
Hmm...now maybe I need to see the director's cut of The Abyss. You're just piling things onto my to-do list, Steve. I'll never get around to clearing out those woodworking tapes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hmm...now maybe I need to see the director's cut of The Abyss. You're just piling things onto my to-do list, Steve. I'll never get around to clearing out those woodworking tapes.
To my knowledge, it's never been released on DVD.

Edit. Looks like it was released in DVD, but not on blu ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.