Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
our company has been rejecting the in-house people for promotion, to hire folks off the street, with little to no experience in the job.
For leadership positions.

After telling folks to put in for it.
In the beginning, I thought it would be the logical step to promote the workers familiar with the process, who actually knew the job (after running all the senior staff off)
But the director at the time had other ideas, and promoted the most incompetent people.
Now we got Uncle Dean, trying to hold it together til the new guy arrives.
Rumor has it he's the old vice, a nice man, but he was pleasantly ineffective at the time.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
our company has been rejecting the in-house people for promotion, to hire folks off the street, with little to no experience in the job.
For leadership positions.

After telling folks to put in for it.
In the beginning, I thought it would be the logical step to promote the workers familiar with the process, who actually knew the job (after running all the senior staff off)
But the director at the time had other ideas, and promoted the most incompetent people.
Now we got Uncle Dean, trying to hold it together til the new guy arrives.
Rumor has it he's the old vice, a nice man, but he was pleasantly ineffective at the time.
That makes no sense - why would they do that? I understand hiring an external resource when there are truly no competent candidates of your own - ok. But telling people to apply, then hiring someone else -and someone who is not competent to boot... That's just stupid.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There are times...in IT..... when folks, way above your pay grade, are in a hurry...and discussing change...major change.... and then you start hearing words like "Aggressive" and "Expedient" ..... that is the time to walk away...because you don't want to be there when the whole thing fails miserably...time for me to take a walk

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just interviewed for a new position yesterday. I don’t think I have a great chance of getting it. There is another guy who has a lot more direct experience in the area, and they offered change of station, so there might be other very well qualified applicants from other areas. but the interview went well. Should find out within a week or two whether I got the job. Would be a significant promotion.

Good luck, Steve.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just interviewed for a new position yesterday. I don’t think I have a great chance of getting it. There is another guy who has a lot more direct experience in the area, and they offered change of station, so there might be other very well qualified applicants from other areas. but the interview went well. Should find out within a week or two whether I got the job. Would be a significant promotion.

I missed this, good luck Steve, I hope it works out

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are times...in IT..... when folks, way above your pay grade, are in a hurry...and discussing change...major change.... and then you start hearing words like "Aggressive" and "Expedient" ..... that is the time to walk away...because you don't want to be there when the whole thing fails miserably...time for me to take a walk
Been there, brother. I feel your pain.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got a second interview monday. That is something. Well shoot. Now I feel like I have a real chance and will be disappointed when I dont get it.:)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a second interview monday. That is something. Well shoot. Now I feel like I have a real chance and will be disappointed when I dont get it.:)
Well here's hoping you're disappointed that you don't get to feel disappointed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That makes no sense - why would they do that? I understand hiring an external resource when there are truly no competent candidates of your own - ok. But telling people to apply, then hiring someone else -and someone who is not competent to boot... That's just stupid.
Yeah, the stupid is strong these days.
Some pettiness in the mix as well, possibly jealousy.
I mean, it's a business with 80-90% female employees....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Run, don't walk.
I made the mistake to wait for the miraculous changes.
Oh, work life is swirling around the drain right now.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But it will still create stress, and poop rolls downhill.

Ahh but you see..... by their decree...several months back.......I'm no longer even on that hill.....I'm on a completely different hill.......BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

that sounds exciting!

It can be...in an annoying urgent sort of way :D

The thing is, that what they are talking about is risky, REAL risky. If they pull it off they were lucky, if they mess it up it effects the highest levels of state government and then all hell breaks lose. But to pull it off, at this point they have to figure out a way for 2 things to use the same IP at the same time on the same network...... they have a better chance of turning mercury into gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions