Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As an engineer, I can tell you a little secret: you can't be an engineer unless you can make fun of yourself.

It is all in the name anyway. kind of like stationary engineer and sanitation engineer...not an engineer...just has the name in the title.

I submitted the app, now I just wait and see if I get an interview and go from there. The last 2 interviews I had I torpedo both of them, they were not promotions and during the interview I realized I was losing more than I was gaining and I did not want either jobs so....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
DANG...sitting here waiting and now I'm thinking I wish I was in Bergen Norway

bergen-188120.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More vaccinations for the southern parts of Asian than the north....one of the many reasons I do not want to go there

I hope it is somewhat enjoyable for you though
I really enjoy going places, so I expect there will be some adventure in this. I don't know how much of the area I'll get to see, but I do have one weekend I'm there to find something non-work to do.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indian food is amazing. Just don’t drink the water,
Yeah, I need to keep an eye on myself on that count. My first time in Paris, I unthinkingly drank some water while waiting for my coffee. And that was in western Europe.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It is all in the name anyway. kind of like stationary engineer and sanitation engineer...not an engineer...just has the name in the title.

I submitted the app, now I just wait and see if I get an interview and go from there. The last 2 interviews I had I torpedo both of them, they were not promotions and during the interview I realized I was losing more than I was gaining and I did not want either jobs so....
I hope it works out. Whats the job? Network engineer?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The next interview would be me interviewing the company, if they are worth my time.
If I want to have a crummy job, I could stay put.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just interviewed for a new position yesterday. I don’t think I have a great chance of getting it. There is another guy who has a lot more direct experience in the area, and they offered change of station, so there might be other very well qualified applicants from other areas. but the interview went well. Should find out within a week or two whether I got the job. Would be a significant promotion.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interviews...

Went through the whole rigamarole of a promotional process. They dillied and dallied for 9 months before even doing the process... and then, after doing the process, proceeded to appoint the expected fair-haired one from the good ol' boys.

I ended up feeling insulted by the hoops that I jumped through, not that I necessarily wanted the job because it's admin, not being a cop anymore. But still... dragging it on to do what they could have done on day 1, without the hoops... Yeah, felt just a little bit insulted.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just interviewed for a new position yesterday. I don’t think I have a great chance of getting it. There is another guy who has a lot more direct experience in the area, and they offered change of station, so there might be other very well qualified applicants from other areas. but the interview went well. Should find out within a week or two whether I got the job. Would be a significant promotion.
Good luck, man. Hopefully they take into consideration things beyond direct experience - you have more than just that to offer, and really good interviewers can get a hint of that.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Good luck, man. Hopefully they take into consideration things beyond direct experience - you have more than just that to offer, and really good interviewers can get a hint of that.
Yeah. The irony is I manage more people now as a deputy than this center has, but the work is very different. I would move from managing training development and delivery into facilities and automation. So, lease and space actions, budget, staffing, and the IT group including programming. The good news is that I know everyone in that center and they are top tier. Were I to get the job, I'm in good hands.

@jks9199 this is kind of a similar situation. There is a guy who is a natural successor. But fortunately the process is quick abd relatively painless. I'll know one way or the other within a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions