Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Do NOT throw Russian tea into the creek! It might be radioactive - are you crazy?

Speaking of Russian Tea, there is a Chinese black tea that the Chinese use to referred to as Russian Caravan tea...it has an incredibly Smokey flavor and I believe was once the favorite tea of Catherine the Great; Lapsang Souchong.

Lapsang souchong

1200px-Lapsang_Souchong.jpg

lapsang-souchong-chinese-kung-fu-black-tea-80g-top-grade-gift-packing-refreshing-eliminate-fatigue-china-tea-zj016.jpg

There is also another story as to how it got its so smoky flavor. It was sent to Russia, from China by caravan and at night they brought the tea closer to the fires and that is where it originally got its smoky flavor....... Not actually sure which of the stories, this one or the one in Wiki is historically correct, that is supposing either of them is historically correct

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Russian Tea, there is a Chinese black tea that the Chinese use to referred to as Russian Caravan tea...it has an incredibly Smokey flavor and I believe was once the favorite tea of Catherine the Great; Lapsang Souchong.

Lapsang souchong

1200px-Lapsang_Souchong.jpg

lapsang-souchong-chinese-kung-fu-black-tea-80g-top-grade-gift-packing-refreshing-eliminate-fatigue-china-tea-zj016.jpg

There is also another story as to how it got its so smoky flavor. It was sent to Russia, from China by caravan and at night they brought the tea closer to the fires and that is where it originally got its smoky flavor....... Not actually sure which of the stories, this one or the one in Wiki is historically correct, that is supposing either of them is historically correct
We have some Russian tea that looks quite similar. Probably because it's tea.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think I may be giving up my mostly vegetarian to vegetarian ways....and returning to the life of a regular old omnivore...still not going to eat red meat or bacon..... but back to getting my protein from meat

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I may be giving up my mostly vegetarian to vegetarian ways....and returning to the life of a regular old omnivore...still not going to eat red meat or bacon..... but back to getting my protein from meat
I doubt I'd ever be able to stick to vegetarian ways for long. I enjoy animal proteins too much, and it's tougher to find consistently good (and balanced) vegetarian meals when you're out or with friends.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I doubt I'd ever be able to stick to vegetarian ways for long. I enjoy animal proteins too much, and it's tougher to find consistently good (and balanced) vegetarian meals when you're out or with friends.

I have no friends :D

actually out with friends is easy to find food and making it at home is not difficult either. The decision came from the fact that I have little support of this dietary choice at home and based on research and my goals as they apply to my workout and fitness, it is a slightly better and slightly easier way to go

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no friends :D

actually out with friends is easy to find food and making it at home is not difficult either. The decision came from the fact that I have little support of this dietary choice at home and based on research and my goals as they apply to my workout and fitness, it is a slightly better and slightly easier way to go
While it's possible to get full-range proteins from plants, it's a lot harder than getting what your body needs (especially if you're trying to build or hold off age-related loss) from meat.

And meat is kinda tasty, too.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
While it's possible to get full-range proteins from plants, it's a lot harder than getting what your body needs (especially if you're trying to build or hold off age-related loss) from meat.

And meat is kinda tasty, too.

Had baked chicken breast and cauliflower for dinner.....not bad
But lunch was a whole lot of veggies and some Tofu.....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had baked chicken breast and cauliflower for dinner.....not bad
But lunch was a whole lot of veggies and some Tofu.....
I like to butterfly chicken breasts and stuff them with... stuff. We've done them stuffed with crabmeat, stuffed with cream cheese and currants, stuffed with spinach - lots of options.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nope, just plain chicken breast,,,,,kinda sorta..... I did bread it.....

And now...I'm a bit sore....been lifting weights again and I just kicked it up a notch...still not close what it was 35 years ago....and not sure I want to get back there...or if I am capable of getting back to that.......but better than it was 6 months ago

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I too could be a cheese-aholic if I let myself be. :)
you guys say this like it's a bad thing....

I am just to poor to buy the good stuff....
And I can't go into Aldi's without dropping 80 bucks, and not even carry essentials out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions