Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
sheesh...can't afford to give me a promotion...can afford to pile a lot of extra work on me....but they apparently can discuss the possibility of bringing someone in at a higher grade than me who does less......... I can't tell you how happy this bit of info has made me
I hope you are actively looking for other opportunities.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
f52c8b1d16542d556d76e34faa0253de0e7c722f0a8aff1e5223cb4e1b2173196ce53a2c9e6e581e_rw_1200.jpg

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I think I need t seek psychiatric help.... it is 97 degrees with 52% humidity and I feel like going for a walk......and I am thinking this while I am standing in front of the stove top....boiling potatoes
Well, where else were you going to boil potatoes? In the bathtub? You certainly don't want to stand in the stove, either...

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Government job with 7 years to retirement..... but yes...in other departments
18 months for me...

Not that I've noticed or anything... Tired of the drama and BS getting in the way of just working.

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
After barely surviving the worst migraine in forever yesterday, I am relieved to wake up feeling fairly normal today. Praying it stays that way.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm at a stop sigh at an intersection yesterday and there is a lot of traffic going by...they don't have a stop sign to pay attention to.
A Mercedes SUV pulls in behind me and starts beeping.... I can't go so I sit there and wait for the traffic to break....while listing to the dulcet sounds of a Mercedes SUV horn
I pull out and t he Mercedes comes flying out right on my bumper...then floors it, swerves around me, pulls in, cuts me off that then at the light takes a left, cutting off a truck in the oncoming lane, and heads for the highway.
I get to the light, it turns red. I stop and wait, it turns green, then I too take the left onto the highway.
I get on the highway and drive about 2 miles to where the traffic jam starts. I drive this road almost every day and I know that at certain times there will be a traffic jam...and th is is one of those times
Traffic slows...then gets slower...then stops...and there...about 6 whole cars in front of me.... is the Mercedes SUV......
I knew when he/she ran the light.... that I'd be seeing them soon

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm at a stop sigh at an intersection yesterday and there is a lot of traffic going by...they don't have a stop sign to pay attention to.
A Mercedes SUV pulls in behind me and starts beeping.... I can't go so I sit there and wait for the traffic to break....while listing to the dulcet sounds of a Mercedes SUV horn
I pull out and t he Mercedes comes flying out right on my bumper...then floors it, swerves around me, pulls in, cuts me off that then at the light takes a left, cutting off a truck in the oncoming lane, and heads for the highway.
I get to the light, it turns red. I stop and wait, it turns green, then I too take the left onto the highway.
I get on the highway and drive about 2 miles to where the traffic jam starts. I drive this road almost every day and I know that at certain times there will be a traffic jam...and th is is one of those times
Traffic slows...then gets slower...then stops...and there...about 6 whole cars in front of me.... is the Mercedes SUV......
Ahhh.... karma in action...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
sheesh...can't afford to give me a promotion...can afford to pile a lot of extra work on me....but they apparently can discuss the possibility of bringing someone in at a higher grade than me who does less......... I can't tell you how happy this bit of info has made me
Can't speak to state of NY, but in federal government it's often a matter of classification. Jobs are classified by grade. Some jobs span multiple grades but it is fixed. Many positions (including IT) go up so far and if you want a promotion, you need to change jobs. E.g. get a promotion into management or as a lead or "expert." But on the bright side, they've only just talked about maybe bringing someone in at a higher grade than you. Haven't done it yet. :D

I'm telling you, though, you could get on with the Fed. There are a lot of great IT jobs, and many are at the GS-12 or GS-13 level, depending on what you're doing. USAJobs.gov and the series for IT positions is usually 2210 (i.e., if you type "2210" into the search field, the IT jobs will come up).
I love it when this kind of thing happens. It's very stressful driving that way, and you don't really gain a lot.

I'm a pretty mellow driver. I think I learned that in Germany.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.