Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If it leans, I'm okay with it. If not, it just doesn't seem worth it - I'd rather drive a convertible. But I think they're a better answer than the tricycle conversions and the training wheels.

You have to look at it very differently than a motorcycle, while still thinking of it as a motorcycle. It does not lean, but it requires all the same gear and concentration of a motorcycle. However I think it may be easier for a car to see as compared to a motorcycle. And I have been told, power and speed wise the things are beasts. Although how much you can actually use all that power on the road without getting a ticket of 12...I don't know.

I have still not gone to test drive one, although I might before summer is over. But for $18,000 for the cheapest model, if I were to decide to get back into riding, I would still rather look for an old BMW or old Triumph. Heck for $18,000 I can get a new Harley, BMW, Triumph and have a little money left over.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As I sit here in the music room typing on my laptop, while the temperature outside climbs towards 100 with greater than 70% humidity....and being annoyed at a few Martial Arts schools that have contact pages and phone numbers that the do not respond to there own contact info at all.....and of course realizing my keister is getting sore from sitting here..... I'm going to go down to my basement Guan and do some taijiquan.....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone needs a hippo! Although safe warning... Your gonna need a much bigger couch. Cause something like this might happen one day
Hippo1small.jpg

Couches aren't just for dogs ya know?
92b24f78f4e16539977c659e25c2e117--sweet-home-art-art.jpg
Indeed!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Felt well enough yesterday to cook dinner:

- chicken tenders roasted in egg, herbs de Provence, and Panko crumbs
- couscous with mushrooms, sweet onions, and broccoli.
- tomato slices sprinkled with coarse salt and home-grown chives.

Four pieces in the upcoming audiobook releases - so that requires a celebratory dinner:

- lamb chops with home-made mint jelly;
- pasta with browned butter and vegetables;
- home-made pickled cabbage concoction I call "super-slaw".

And the bubbly, of course.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just think...one vote shy of making Louisiana, lakes, rivers, and wetlands more dangerous than they already are.

Maybe....but the only thing that might be more territorial than a hippo is a Coonass and his Bayou.....The Hippo Cochon De Lait roasts would have been epic!

They would have needed a bigger Cajun Microwave though...

cajun_microwave-inside_view-apr_01.jpg

(For those not familiar with a Cajun Microwave....Pig or Hippo, goes in bottom of box, and fire is built on top.)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe....but the only thing that might be more territorial than a hippo is a Coonass and his Bayou.....The Hippo Cochon De Lait roasts would have been epic!

(For those not familiar with a Cajun Microwave....Pig or Hippo, goes in bottom of box, and fire is built on top.)

Possibly, but hippos are slightly more dangerous than pigs

"The hippopotamus is often cited as the most dangerous large animal in the world, killing an estimated 500 people a year in Africa"

Animal attacks

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oooh, a right proper piece of furniture for a gnarly neighborhood roast!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK, I think I need t seek psychiatric help.... it is 97 degrees with 52% humidity and I feel like going for a walk......and I am thinking this while I am standing in front of the stove top....boiling potatoes

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You put a whole dry rubbed and Cajun injected pig in there for about 15 hours...... best way to roast a pig
My dad gad a chance to partake of a sheep roast in Georgia - where they dig a pit, line it with leaves and herbs, put a tub of water at the bottom and suspend the sheep over it inside the pit. Then the pit is filled with more leaves and with soil, and a gigantic bonfire is set up on top of the pit and kept up for three days. And then they dig up the sheep, and there is a huge party with drinking and singing and dancing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The night was hot......
No,
the night was humid....
Hmm
the night was moist....
At first it was dry, but then it rained...
well, that's the summer in Alabama....to doggone sultry to handle....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to look at it very differently than a motorcycle, while still thinking of it as a motorcycle. It does not lean, but it requires all the same gear and concentration of a motorcycle. However I think it may be easier for a car to see as compared to a motorcycle. And I have been told, power and speed wise the things are beasts. Although how much you can actually use all that power on the road without getting a ticket of 12...I don't know.

I have still not gone to test drive one, although I might before summer is over. But for $18,000 for the cheapest model, if I were to decide to get back into riding, I would still rather look for an old BMW or old Triumph. Heck for $18,000 I can get a new Harley, BMW, Triumph and have a little money left over.
I can see all that, but without the lean - my favorite part of motorcycling - it's not worth it to me. I can get a fun convertible, and be a LOT more comfortable in the rain (I had a motorcycle as my primary transport for 9 years).

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just a side note - my last motorcycle (a touring bike) cost me something like $18,000 back about 20 years ago. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just think...one vote shy of making Louisiana, lakes, rivers, and wetlands more dangerous than they already are.
I remember driving through Louisiana a few years ago on a highway that was miles and miles of bridges over swamps. What I thought was, "Well, someone looked at this many years ago, and thought, 'This is a good place to start a city!'"

What I didn't think: "What would make this place perfect? Hippos!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions