Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Another goal accomplished!! As mentioned, yesterday
marked my 9th year so far in TKD. Today, I completed
my 3,500th lesson!! As I hit 3,000 June 7, 2017 - I wanted
to see if I could stay as consistent and hit 3,500 before our
annual Black Belt retreat - which is next month.

Next up - my 4th of out 5 review tests between 2nd and
3rd Dan is coming up on the first Saturday in August!

Pil Sung!!
Amazing. Well done!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
35970991_1864272063594550_7950996440795316224_n.jpg

Team Muddern Warriors. Out of consideration for @Xue Sheng we took a picture while still clean and kept the whole thing very understated.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're back from our latest mud run. This one was a bit anti-climactic. They claimed 36 obstacles, but some were just something to step over (literally, in a few cases). And it was within 10 minutes of home, which took the whole "going to the mud run" feel out of it. And no beer that looked interesting afterward. And the pit at the end of the slide was too shallow (actually jammed my ankle on that one). I'm grouchy. I want a beer....

:heads to the fridge:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We're back from our latest mud run. This one was a bit anti-climactic. They claimed 36 obstacles, but some were just something to step over (literally, in a few cases). And it was within 10 minutes of home, which took the whole "going to the mud run" feel out of it. And no beer that looked interesting afterward. And the pit at the end of the slide was too shallow (actually jammed my ankle on that one). I'm grouchy. I want a beer....

It was not as hard core as we are accustomed to - that's true. But we must make allowances. It is a VERY small local event and it is for a good cause - the proceeds go to the local Hands On! Children's Museum. Those of you with kids, especially with small kids will appreciate this - the museum is located in the same building as one of the best coffee shops in Hendersonville, The Black Bear. So, the parents dump their kids at the museum and then enjoy a well-earned hour of peace and quiet with a good cup of coffee and a delicious sandwich or pastry (or both) while the kids wear themselves out while asking a thousand questions to some nice people at the museum. Truly, we should support such causes.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was not as hard core as we are accustomed to - that's true. But we must make allowances. It is a VERY small local event and it is for a good cause - the proceeds go to the local Hands On! Children's Museum. Those of you with kids, especially with small kids will appreciate this - the museum is located in the same building as one of the best coffee shops in Hendersonville, The Black Bear. So, the parents dump their kids at the museum and then enjoy a well-earned hour of peace and quiet with a good cup of coffee and a delicious sandwich or pastry (or both) while the kids wear themselves out while asking a thousand questions to some nice people at the museum. Truly, we should support such causes.
As I said when we discussed this earlier, I suspect you're presenting that backwards. You have to go past the coffee shop to get to the museum. The kids are dumping their parents at the Black Bear, then enjoy a well-earned hour of peace at the museum.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I am envisioning like a couple of milk crates and an old sofa you had to climb over.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am envisioning like a couple of milk crates and an old sofa you had to climb over.
Having grown up in the Southeastern US, in an area where sofas were sometimes used as lawn furniture, I'd have found that much more amusing than 10"-diameter (about 25 cm) pine logs laying on the ground to be stepped over.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I'd finally dislodged all of the dirt, rocks, and bits of grass out of my nose. But there is no getting this stuff from under my nails - the nails will just have to go. It's just as well I am not the complicated manicure type.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was close. There was an obstacle called "the mulch mound", which was basically a huge pile of mulch they already had in place - since the event was at a community park.
Yeah, let's be clear - this wasn't an obstacle they created. It's where they store their mulch for trucks to back up to it to go mulch stuff in the park. They just put up some signs and made us walk over that. I'm glad they didn't think to do that with the trash dumpsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions