Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As far as bacon is concerned, no one is offering you any. Because - more for me. :p Which reminds me, a British friend mentioned bacon jam. I must go find out what that is and how to make it.

Bacon jam.... that's easy.....
Fry Bacon
Drain the grease into a jar
Allow to congeal
voila you have Bacon jam
Guaranteed to jam up your arteries

how-to-render-bacon-fat-horiz-a-1800.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bacon jam.... that's easy.....
Fry Bacon
Drain the grease into a jar
Allow to congeal
voila you have Bacon jam
Guaranteed to jam up your arteries

how-to-render-bacon-fat-horiz-a-1800.jpg
Actually, based on my brief research, it's a lot more sophisticated than that. It's much like my onion jam, but with bacon added in, and cooked with some bacon fat. It includes herbs and red wine vinegar. Unfortunately, since there is bacon in it, I don't think it's something I can save up and can. It will have to sit in the fridge.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually, based on my brief research, it's a lot more sophisticated than that. It's much like my onion jam, but with bacon added in, and cooked with some bacon fat. It includes herbs and red wine vinegar. Unfortunately, since there is bacon in it, I don't think it's something I can save up and can. It will have to sit in the fridge.

Nope...wrong...it is exactly as I described it...anything else and you're just deluding yourself....and I should know.... because I have no idea what I am talking about

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I will take the poison of bacon over the poison of diet sodas any day. :)

And on a side note, we have washers and dryers, why don't we have folders yet? And where is my Rosie the Robot?

Funny you should mention robots. On Monday we were told by our Chief that our airport will start using several robots within six months. That the robots will be able to patrol certain areas, record and check license plate numbers and interact with people.

Can't wait to see it with a drunkard. Could be epic. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Funny you should mention robots. On Monday we were told by our Chief that our airport will start using several robots within six months. That the robots will be able to patrol certain areas, record and check license plate numbers and interact with people.

Coming soon to a Hawaiian airport near you

200w.gif

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

That’s exactly how Skynet begins.

Just some harmless robots....what could go wrong?

Few years later......

738_010_a7a17150_485.jpg

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And life's happiness. You know... cyanide is organic, meat-free, and is not linked to heart disease, hypertension, or cancer. :p
There's also that vile substance dihydrogen monoxide to watch put for...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, WE don't eat bacon. I eat bacon. And YOU tell me I shouldn't... while I continue to eat bacon. [emoji14]

P. S. I'd like to point out no one here who eats bacon had ever complained of mud or Zumba allergies. Hmmmm....
Um, yeah, that Zumba thing... count me in as allergic. And scared. Very scared.

Last edited:
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a shame. Good scones are hard to find.

And don't tell anyone you hate Krispy Kreme donuts - you might start a war. I am a Dunkin' Donuts girl myself, but I make a point of being diplomatic about it.
There is no comparison between Krisy Kremes and the plasticky tasting donut-like objects found at Dunkin Donuts.

And I am an expert, by professional default.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Um, yeah, that Zumba thing... count me in as allergic. And scared. Very scared.

Actually, we talked about this before the start of Zumba class yesterday. The most common things people say is "I am so uncoordinated" and "Everyone will be staring at me". News item - half the room is uncoordinated. And the other half the room is nervous because the other half is watching them. And nobody is staring at you - everyone is staring at the instructor, their feet, or one of the freaks like me with abnormal capacity for memorizing choreography.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is no comparison between Krisy Kremes and the plasticky tasting donut-like objects found at Dunkin Donuts.

And I am an expert, by professional default.

Let's not. Dunkin Donuts are the first donuts I tried when I came to America, and I am loyal to them and love them above all others. I find Krispy Kreme sticky, and too glazed. I'll eat them if offered at no cost, but when I want a bacon egg croissant and a donut, I go to Dunkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions