Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ouch.

When I was security at a hospital they brought in a convict who was complaining about sever pain in his gonads. After multiple tests they found nothing, but he was still complaining about the pain. The doctor came out from behind the ER curtain and asked the corrections office to come over to talk to him. Then the doctor started talking rather loudly, which we all though was rather strange, about the testing and what they dod and did not find and then he ended with that he was certain that they needed to amputate...... within seconds the patient made a miraculous recovery and came walking out from behind the curtain saying the pain seemed to disappear...it was a miracle.... The CO took the prisoner back to prison.

The 1st arrest I made....was a DWI arrest of a guy in the hospital after he had wrecked his car.

When I walked into the E.R. he had just urinated in a urine pan. When the nurse asked for the pan he thought he was going to give it to me to test for the DWI....so the drunk poured it on himself....:banghead:...and I still had to take him to jail. :yuck:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's AMAZING how easy it is to impress people by showing them how to add and update a table of contents in a Word document. Or how to update header and footer. Show them the difference between section breaks and page breaks - and you can probably make them catatonic.
When you teach people to use styles, its like their mind is blown.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The 1st arrest I made....was a DWI arrest of a guy in the hospital after he had wrecked his car.

When I walked into the E.R. he had just urinated in a urine pan. When the nurse asked for the pan he thought he was going to give it to me to test for the DWI....so the drunk poured it on himself....:banghead:...and I still had to take him to jail. :yuck:

walked into the ER one evening...right into a screaming, fighting, "bleeding" IV drug user (Heroin), in the early days of HIV concerns. Had no time to put on gloves, no time to do much of anything other than restrain and then get them back into the room, while they screamed "I want my heroin"...and.... "give me heroin and I'll stop fighting"..... So I feel your pain

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
When you teach people to use styles, its like their mind is blown.
EXACTLY! And it always drives me nuts when I see a couple at a restaurant - apparently on a date, but one of them had clearly made an effort to dress up for a special occasion and the other clearly doesn't give a damn. And it goes both ways - regardless of gender.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
For @Buka , since he is getting rumbled at by a volcano...

Tonight's dinner:

- organic white cabbage gently sauteed with bourbon-smoked sausage, fresh carrots, sweet onions, pancetta, and home-grown herbs (chives, thyme, parsley)
- naan chips with home-made chunky salsa (cherry tomatoes, sweet onion, home-grown cilantro)
- a small salad of green and red lettuce, spinach, strawberries, and walnuts with balsamic vinaigrette

If you grab a supersonic jet, you might even make it in time. ;)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was eating at a cafe the other day and had my back to the door. And was thinking I don't know anyone who has ever just been randomly attacked from doing this.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I prefer sitting with my back to the wall, preferably so I can watch the entrance....
Because it's fun to watch people....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I prefer sitting with my back to the wall, preferably so I can watch the entrance....
Because it's fun to watch people....
I am the same way. It's just.... a habit. I enjoy people-watching too. But I've also had some security training - and it's just the whole hammered-in thing of immediately identifying the exits and knowing exactly where they are... and, if at all possible, having at least one in sight.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was eating at a cafe the other day and had my back to the door. And was thinking I don't know anyone who has ever just been randomly attacked from doing this.
Yeah, I don't obsess about it. If there's an opportunity, I'll sit with my back to a wall, with my view to the door and/or cash area. If not, I'll sit where I can. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable, but I'm not even sure anymore whether that's because I'm uncomfortable not being able to keep an eye on things, or if I just don't like people behind me by nature. I also don't like sitting at a desk with my back to the door, even with the door closed - it creeps me out.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And was thinking I don't know anyone who has ever just been randomly attacked from doing this.

Its just about being able to see a threat i.e. Armed Robber, waitress' crazy jilted lover, crazed gunmen, as they enter and not being their 1st victim.

Its just a practice to be a little safer.

Most cops are taught this early in their career and it just becomes habit.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just about being able to see a threat i.e. Armed Robber, waitress' crazy jilted lover, crazed gunmen, as they enter and not being their 1st victim.

Its just a practice to be a little safer.

Most cops are taught this early in their career and it just becomes habit.
Not for nothin' (and probably apropos of the poster you were responding to) I read "crazy jilted lover" as "crazed jitsu lover". :D

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had a fun day yesterday.

Last tournament of the season. Jake took 1st in kata, Weapons, and fighting.

He managed to win 1st in fighting in every tournament this season and go undefeated. (15 tournaments....approximately 45 fights.)

He has won the yearly point championship for multiple years but he has never swept the whole season so going into this season that was his goal.

Now we have a couple months before the new season begins.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know...after making steal cut oat meal and currently baking barbecue tempeh and ginger tofu....with piles of branched in need of lashing together, a AC unit in need of installation and a tractor and a mower in need of oil changes I am beginning to wonder why I log on my computer at all on the weekends

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a fun day yesterday.

Last tournament of the season. Jake took 1st in kata, Weapons, and fighting.

He managed to win 1st in fighting in every tournament this season and go undefeated. (15 tournaments....approximately 45 fights.)

He has won the yearly point championship for multiple years but he has never swept the whole season so going into this season that was his goal.

Now we have a couple months before the new season begins.
Sweet - sounds like he had a great season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions