Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ate a spinning forearm at sparring yesterday.
15243936193281654828866.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ate a spinning forearm at sparring yesterday.View attachment 21404
GAAAAA! What did I tell you about posting that mug at that size?!?

Nice trophy, man, and you even got it the right way (too often, mine come from simply walking into something at home). And a nice bottle of JW Blue in the background.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
One more thing I meant to say about my exam: unlike the Parole Officer test I took, the Investigator series did not ask one hypothetical question like, "You are on the job when this happens." Instead, it was all questions related to organizing sentences, what choice best summed up what the reading selection said, what statement is proven true by the selection, and so on. Very strange...but easy, so I am not complaining!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to hate Sundays as a kid because they were always so boring, plus they were the day before we headed back to school. As an adult, I still disliked them because it was the day before I went back to work, plus it was the days my kids went home. So I swapped out one hatred reason (boredom) for another (missing my kids). However, I think I have finally made peace with them, for a couple reasons.

1) There's nothing wrong with a boring, slow-paced day.
2) I like my job, so I don't mind going back to work.
3) It still sucks when my kids go home, but I have phone contact with them almost on a daily basis. Plus I know I could take them out to dinner or something at any time on a week night...well, provided some of these bazillion evening appointments I had to make would STOP. LOL

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you realize how dirty this sounds?

Of course, it's also true that ER people can make ANYTHING dirty.
Yeah, but I'm not ER - nowhere near as exciting. I'm a medical billing and coding analyst. And a mechanical engineer by education. So, far from any of the hot and heavy professions. ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hanging out with my youngest and watching old episodes of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 on YouTube.

To most of you this might mean nothing, but I will say it anyway: when MST first came out, I was fan of (human host) Joel more than Mike Nelson. However, these days I appreciate Mike more. During the Mike era, he and the bots were more willing to be rather dark with their jokes. The Joel eras was silly, but I like the dark humor better.
MST3K ROCKS! Have you watched Menos - the Hands of Time yet?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Um...I don't think they watched a movie called that. They watched MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE, which I saw back in the mid-90's.
I think that's it. I have a terrible memory for movie titles. Especially bad movie titles. The only one I remember with any degree of certainty is "Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy".

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
two whole spring days...in a row...in spring.... that is bloody amazing......

Mrs Xue has a shoulder issue
Mrs Xue is never sick and never has joint pain
Mrs Xue has intermittent, extreme shoulder pain
Mrs Xue went to urgent care
Mrs Xue is supposed to go see a Orthopedic MD ASAP
Mrs Xue is never sick and never has sever joint pain
Mrs Xue is grumpy
Mr Xue is wisely hanging out in the youngest Xue's room

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finally catching up on my Marvel Netflix shows. I tore through DAREDEVIL. Slogged through PUNISHER. Now I am on LUKE CAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions