Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
do you meet the qualifications for those tests?

Either 1. five years of qualifying experience;**

Or 2. an associate’s degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, police science, criminal justice administration, criminology, criminal investigation, police studies, public justice, forensic accounting, forensic psychology, forensic science, economic crime management, or homeland security AND three years of qualifying experience;**

Or 3. a bachelor’s or higher degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, police science, criminal justice administration, criminology, criminal investigation, police studies, public justice, forensic accounting, forensic psychology, forensic science, economic crime management, or homeland security AND one year of qualifying experience;**

I must, because they let me take the exam. In fact, I have the admission notice for tomorrow sitting on my dresser. :) If I were ineligible, then I would have received a "disqualified" notice weeks ago.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
good luck on the test tomorrow

Thank you, sir. My guess is it will most likely be like the Parole Officer Trainee exam where, even though it is for entry level people who might have never held the job, it will ask questions that only someone already familiar with the job could truly answer.

I think their reason for this is twofold: (1) Usually, people who take these kinds of exams DO have Criminal Justice degrees, so they might already know the best answers, or (2) they ask those questions of newbies to see how they would answer intuitively.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. My guess is it will most likely be like the Parole Officer Trainee exam where, even though it is for entry level people who might have never held the job, it will ask questions that only someone already familiar with the job could truly answer.

I think their reason for this is twofold: (1) Usually, people who take these kinds of exams DO have Criminal Justice degrees, so they might already know the best answers, or (2) they ask those questions of newbies to see how they would answer intuitively.

I've taken state security and state campus police exams and city/county police exams. Sometimes they will give you info and a scenario and ask you questions based "ONLY" on the information they gave you. And know that the info they gave you may, or may not, have anything to do with reality or the laws of the state. You need to answer solely on the info and the scenario. just trying to see if you can follow rules. The rest is fairly straight forward for law enforcement

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't mean THE Bill "Superfoot" Wallace the the Mighty Bob once photographed...do you :D

1531365730.jpg

That's the one!! The tournament was AWESOME!!!
3 Silvers and a Gold and my nephew took a silver and
a bronze for his first tournament!! can't wait until
next year! :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally finished with kata development. I'll probably tweak them as I see how they work for students long-term, but I like the feel. I even included a couple of sections to challenge me (and figured out how to give students those sections in stages). Found a way to write them up and simple diagrams to work from, and ready to post them in the training room.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Finally finished with kata development. I'll probably tweak them as I see how they work for students long-term, but I like the feel. I even included a couple of sections to challenge me (and figured out how to give students those sections in stages). Found a way to write them up and simple diagrams to work from, and ready to post them in the training room.
Nice.
gonna make videos and books, and sell them with your exclusive BB program?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice.
gonna make videos and books, and sell them with your exclusive BB program?
No, of course not. You have to sign up for the Executive BB program - all private training directly with Soke Founder Seymour Sir - to get access to the books and videos.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, of course not. You have to sign up for the Executive BB program - all private training directly with Soke Founder Seymour Sir - to get access to the books and videos.
I think it would be fun to make a kata video - just for promotional purposes. I propose using "Unstoppable" by E. S. Posthumus as the soundtrack. I think it could be awesome.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night's dinner (look away @Xue Sheng , this is bound to traumatize you severely. This if for @Buka's eyes only.):

- Herbed potato wedges roasted with salt, pepper, and just the tiniest bits of pancetta lard.
- Bourbon brats, sliced and done up on the griddle, then served on a sandwich with cheddar and home-made zucchini relish.
- Small salad of baby spinach, kumato tomatoes, and chopped spring onions.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

Nice! I don't recall ever hearing about you being up to this, but I would like to hear more about it.

I have also been developing some things for the weekly class I teach in Mechanicville. I identified things that most newbie martial artists struggle with, and then created a curriculum that addresses those things.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hanging out with my youngest and watching old episodes of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 on YouTube.

To most of you this might mean nothing, but I will say it anyway: when MST first came out, I was fan of (human host) Joel more than Mike Nelson. However, these days I appreciate Mike more. During the Mike era, he and the bots were more willing to be rather dark with their jokes. The Joel eras was silly, but I like the dark humor better.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice! I don't recall ever hearing about you being up to this, but I would like to hear more about it.

I have also been developing some things for the weekly class I teach in Mechanicville. I identified things that most newbie martial artists struggle with, and then created a curriculum that addresses those things.
Having practiced @gpseymour 's single and double-stick kata for a bit now, I can attest - it is quite marvelous.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ll drop you a PM to fill you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions