Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pink Champagne would only make things worse...as would any alcoholic beverage..... the dark chocolate however...might help,,,, now where can I find me a good
Mapo doufu recipe....

Her shoulder is getting better...slowly....but, you know, I think I can survive under this bed at least until Thursday...... or I could go the sympathy route and hope she has pity on me because I have to wear a Holter monitor until Thursday and venture out sooner
I'd go with that latter plan. Go with the "sick man" approach. Women fuss about it, but they still let us get away with a lot when we are sick.

@AngryHobbit, you saw none of this.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I would...but I have a thing...on that day....with a guy.....to do stuff...over by that place...where that thing is......next to the other thing......
Careful, Xue. The Hobbit understands that language. I once told her I needed to "stop by that place...on the corner...of that street."
Hobbit: "Walgreens?"
Me: "Yes!"

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd go with that latter plan. Go with the "sick man" approach. Women fuss about it, but they still let us get away with a lot when we are sick.

@AngryHobbit, you saw none of this.
images

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
For those who don't understand this reference, this is pretty much what the Hobbit looked like as a child.
My youngest informed me that the girl from monster, inc. is Violet from the incredibles. She then filled me in on how all Pixar movies are connected. If true, it’s pretty cool.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My youngest informed me that the girl from monster, inc. is Violet from the incredibles. She then filled me in on how all Pixar movies are connected. If true, it’s pretty cool.
well, it's a cool, yet depressing thought.
I followed it down the bunny trail, all the way to Wall-E.....
But it seems like PIXAR loves to hide little Easter eggs in the movies

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno.
It just was...maybe because the face was off limits....

Interesting. I try to make sure students understand WHY we don't want them doing something in sparring (like stomping the knee, for example). I tend to assume (like lots others, I suspect...) that other people do the same.
We don't target the face either, but the spinning backfist is generally aimed at the side of the head anyway...

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is no winning here. I do not win because there will almost certainly be a post after this one.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, it's a cool, yet depressing thought.
I followed it down the bunny trail, all the way to Wall-E.....
But it seems like PIXAR loves to hide little Easter eggs in the movies
I love Wall-E - the whole concept was so brilliant. Easily one of my favorite PIXAR features.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today I am leaving at 12:30PM for an interview with the Department of State, Office Assistant 2 position. I don't really want to leave the Department of Civil Service because I like the people I work with, not to mention the environment I work in, but I cannot go on living at a grade 6 salary forever.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today I am leaving at 12:30PM for an interview with the Department of State, Office Assistant 2 position. I don't really want to leave the Department of Civil Service because I like the people I work with, not to mention the environment I work in, but I cannot go on living at a grade 6 salary forever.
Go get'em, tiger!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go get'em, tiger!

Thanks, man!

Honestly, Department of State doesn't seem like too bad of a place to work. It really depends on the unit you get in. For example, it would be much better to wind up in the Licensing Service division than in Consumer Complaints.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interesting. I try to make sure students understand WHY we don't want them doing something in sparring (like stomping the knee, for example). I tend to assume (like lots others, I suspect...) that other people do the same.
We don't target the face either, but the spinning backfist is generally aimed at the side of the head anyway...
It's been a long time. I honestly don't remember

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've got my usual amount of work this morning, which is to say none, so I am working on uploading a poetry book to Amazon, for sale on the Kindle. A few months ago, I was just way too busy to figure out how to format the book, so I outsourced it. It came out all messed up, so now I have to go through page by page, save it, upload it, preview it, and then upload it again, preview again, so on and so forth.

As always, I have to say: I am glad that this is the extent of my problems. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.