Xue: "How about chocolate? Dark... chocolate? Like 85%... or... even 90%?"
Caller: "Soo... I think I need to go...."
Perfect!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so my shoulder injury (2 weeks old) turns out to be a sterno-clavicular sprain. In other words, I apparently attempted to rip my clavicle free from my sternum, and failed. It turns out failure is a good thing in these cases. A couple more weeks, and I'll probably be pain-free, though my SC joint on the left side will probably always protrude more than on the right, and will likely not be as strong as before. Apparently, when you try to rip these things off, they get weaker. Who knew?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Okay, so my shoulder injury (2 weeks old) turns out to be a sterno-clavicular sprain. In other words, I apparently attempted to rip my clavicle free from my sternum, and failed. It turns out failure is a good thing in these cases. A couple more weeks, and I'll probably be pain-free, though my SC joint on the left side will probably always protrude more than on the right, and will likely not be as strong as before. Apparently, when you try to rip these things off, they get weaker. Who knew?
Perfect! Just in time for the June Tough Mudder.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope.... not that attractive...more like

borg_drone_fullbody.jpg

actually I get strapped to a Holter monitor tomorrow
Hello, handsome!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
They look like snakes... ;)
You know... there is actually an old, surreal French sci fi animated features Time Masters by Rene Laloux, in which there are grottoes on this planet filled with these semi-sentient polyps that look like snakes. They wait quietly until some creature walks into a grotto to hide from rain or something and then grab it, strangle it, and devour it. You are welcome. Pleasant dreams!

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phone scams...

About a year or two ago, got dispatched to a local convenience store. The staff had recognized that the little old lady coming in to buy a noteworthy quantity of iTunes cards just might be the victim of a scam, and they tried to intervene. While I'm talking to her and trying to explain it...the scammer called back. Again. And again. I noted the number, went back to the station and gave him a call. Kept him on the phone for about 2 hours. Blatantly told the guy that my only purpose was to tie his *** up with me as long as he'd stay on the line because that meant he'd not be scamming anyone else. We talked political systems and theory, religion, human rights... I wish it had occurred to me to try to get him to front the money for his scam to me earlier, because I think I almost had him when his phone started to die...

Last edited:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today was a good class. Got some new bruises. We did some bunkai and instead of holding back we were actually trying to hit each other. I forgot to block and got smacked in the mouth but I also landed some hits too so it was alright.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was a good class. Got some new bruises. We did some bunkai and instead of holding back we were actually trying to hit each other. I forgot to block and got smacked in the mouth but I also landed some hits too so it was alright.
There's something inherently wrong with us that we think "new bruises" are a sign of a good class. But that's what we think. And they are.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
New bruises = badges of honor (at least when it comes to martial arts training. And mud running.)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's something inherently wrong with us that we think "new bruises" are a sign of a good class. But that's what we think. And they are.
Of course they are! You can wear them around the house, show them to your friends, or tell some intrepid story to your coworkers.:D
New bruises = badges of honor (at least when it comes to martial arts training. And mud running.)
And what better way to celebrate? More medals.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

How many normal folks, willingly, stand in front of another person so they can start hitting each other...and when hit...do not say ouch, or stop it, or ask why did you hit me...they say COOL!!! Lets do that AGAIN!!!!

Since the majority of society does not do such things and sanity is based on societal norms......you answer is, yes....there is something inherently wrong with us...and I would not have it any other way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions