Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. After I climbed down from the summit I actually had to sit down for a little bit. I looked up at it and said, "What the hell was I thinking climbing all the way up there?! Was I insane?!"

Yes.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phobia..NAH!!! perish the thought......allergy to rope though.....the slightest of rope burns and I could ignite
Hmmm... that is serious... But I suppose you could just don a hazmat suit and do it anyway. Or are you going to tell me you are allergic to hazmat suits too?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hmmm... that is serious... But I suppose you could just don a hazmat suit and do it anyway. Or are you going to tell me you are allergic to hazmat suits too?

Nope...no allergy to a hazmat suit.... ever try to climb a rope in a Hazmat suit..... can't be done.....not even if you have video proof it can be done with a series of signed affidavits from people who have done it.....it simply can't be done...and that's my unsupportable position and I'm sticking to it

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope...no allergy to a hazmat suit.... ever try to climb a rope in a Hazmat suit..... can't be done.....not even if you have video proof it can be done with a series of signed affidavits from people who have done it.....it simply can't be done...and that's my unsupportable position and I'm sticking to it
Oh, you needn't worry about that. Mud runs are chock-full of very helpful people who will be more than thrilled to drag you up, down, across, and through anything you cannot traverse or surmount on your own. You need to have more trust in your friends, really. It wounds me to the core that you have so little faith in people. :(

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. After I climbed down from the summit I actually had to sit down for a little bit. I looked up at it and said, "What the hell was I thinking climbing all the way up there?! Was I insane?!"
And you didn’t stop asking me that question until we got home.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sorry, but I am a card carrying cynic with a lifetime (Or 2) membership in Cynics International

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry, but I am a card carrying cynic with a lifetime (Or 2) membership in Cynics International
What if I pouted and promised to make you some of my famous eggplant Parmesan afterwards? I bet @Buka would sell out for eggplant Parmesan. Actually, I would have fewer limitations with him - I could roast him a Cornish game hen stuffed with basmati rice, portobello mushrooms, and sweet onions, and delicately seasoned with a mix of rose wine and truffle-flavored olive oi.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What if I pouted and promised to make you some of my famous eggplant Parmesan afterwards? I bet @Buka would sell out for eggplant Parmesan. Actually, I would have fewer limitations with him - I could roast him a Cornish game hen stuffed with basmati rice, portobello mushrooms, and sweet onions, and delicately seasoned with a mix of rose wine and truffle-flavored olive oi.

I might have caved a year ago but these days I try to avoid cheese, yes I am a vegetarian, and I love cheese, but I do not eat it much these days....that and I'm just plain ornery

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Such a cooktease. Oy!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Warrior Dash survived. Huge thanks goes to my zumba and POUND instructor. This was my fifth mud run, and my fourth Warrior Dash, but the first time I was able to scale Warrior Summit - a 20-foot tall obstacle I had previously bypassed due to fear of heights and insufficient upper body strength. I got stuck in the mud pit later and had to be shoved out via communal effort (pictures coming later). And I did almost have a height-related panic attack near the top of the summit. But I did scale the summit.

Well done.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I might have caved a year ago but these days I try to avoid cheese, yes I am a vegetarian, and I love cheese, but I do not eat it much these days....that and I'm just plain ornery
I give up. Muddy Mayhem and Alcatraz deserve proper reverence and respect. If you won't approach them even in exchange for a superb eggplant Parmesan, you will simply have to prove your worthiness some other way.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
why is it that people call your desk phone...and you answer and say your name...for example "Xue speaking" and the person on the other end then asks a question, for example..."is the @Buka"..... and I then have to say...no....Xue..... why do people do that?

And then when you ask what number they are calling they come up with a number like 3098 and your number is like 6355.... this is happening a lot lately

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
why is it that people call your desk phone...and you answer and say your name...for example "Xue speaking" and the person on the other end then asks a question, for example..."is the @Buka"..... and I then have to say...no....Xue..... why do people do that?

And then when you ask what number they are calling they come up with a number like 3098 and your number is like 6355.... this is happening a lot lately
Did someone forward their number to yours?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Maybe you have a secret admirer... who calls you and comes up with random answers just to hear your lovely voice talk about acupuncture and how much you don't like bacon.
7c0ef98a17bcb92bf2abfaab2a3a84cb.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Did someone forward their number to yours?

nope, the conversation today went like this

Phone rings at my desk
I answer:
Me: Hello Xue speaking
caller: is this Sara
me: no its Xue
caller: is Sara there
me: no
caller: do you know who Sara is
me: yes
caller: is this Sara's number
me: no, what number are you calling
caller: 333-9186
me: hmm...you called 333-5721
caller: yes....well do you know where Sara desk it
me: yes
caller: well,.... um...not sure what...
me: have you tried calling 333-9186 yet
caller: no
me; you might want to give that a try
caller: ok, great, thanks....
me: bye

that was a tech support call for Sara by the way....for a phone issue..... name change on the system kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions