Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe you have a secret admirer... who calls you and comes up with random answers just to hear your lovely voice talk about acupuncture and how much you don't like bacon.
7c0ef98a17bcb92bf2abfaab2a3a84cb.gif

You know I would think that too...but for the complete absence of any conversation about acupuncture and holy bacon hatred

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know I would think that too...but for the complete absence of any conversation about acupuncture and holy bacon hatred
Maybe they are too shy to introduce these subjects, blinded by your magnificence. So, next time they call and ask about Sara, you could say, "No, this is not Sara or her desk, but might I interest you in acupuncture?"

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
nope, the conversation today went like this

Phone rings at my desk
I answer:
Me: Hello Xue speaking
caller: is this Sara
me: no its Xue
caller: is Sara there
me: no
caller: do you know who Sara is
me: yes
caller: is this Sara's number
me: no, what number are you calling
caller: 333-9186
me: hmm...you called 333-5721
caller: yes....well do you know where Sara desk it
me: yes
caller: well,.... um...not sure what...
me: have you tried calling 333-9186 yet
caller: no
me; you might want to give that a try
caller: ok, great, thanks....
me: bye

that was a tech support call for Sara by the way....for a phone issue..... name change on the system kind of thing.
A tech support person who doesn't know how to dial a different phone number? I weep for the future.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe they are too shy to introduce these subjects, blinded by your magnificence. So, next time they call and ask about Sara, you could say, "No, this is not Sara or her desk, but might I interest you in acupuncture?"

It it is a different person every time...or I suppose it could be the same person trying to disguise their voice..... had a sales person try that once to get to the CIO...they called got me and got a no....called again and got me..... tried to talk with an Indian accent and got a no form me and tried a 3rd time and tried a British accent to which that got "It is just not you lucky day, you keep calling me and I'm not going to forward the call....and they made these calls all within seconds of each other.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It it is a different person every time...or I suppose it could be the same person trying to disguise their voice..... had a sales person try that once to get to the CIO...they called got me and got a no....called again and got me..... tried to talk with an Indian accent and got a no form me and tried a 3rd time and tried a British accent to which that got "It is just not you lucky day, you keep calling me and I'm not going to forward the call....and they made these calls all within seconds of each other.
Oooh, a fan club!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
caller: "Is this Sara?"
Xue: "Would you like it to be?"
Caller: "Err..."
Xue: "Do you like needles?"
Caller: "Umm...."
Xue: "How about chocolate? Dark... chocolate? Like 85%... or... even 90%?"
Caller: "Soo... I think I need to go...."

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
caller: "Is this Sara?"
Xue: "Would you like it to be?"
Caller: "Err..."
Xue: "Do you like needles?"
Caller: "Umm...."
Xue: "How about chocolate? Dark... chocolate? Like 85%... or... even 90%?"
Caller: "Soo... I think I need to go...."
<sprays wine fizzy all over laptop>
Xue: "Wait, don't go! I am organizing an anti-bacon rally!"
Caller: "O-o-o-ok..."
Xue: "It would mean a lot to me if you could come."
Caller: "Seriously, I am trying to reach Sara."
Xue: "But what about us?"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Phone rings at my desk
I answer:
me: no its Xue...can I take a minute of your time to tell you about the evils of Bacon
caller: aaaa no.... is Sara there
me: no....but do you hate bacon
caller: no.....do you know who Sara is...and what does Bacon have to to with anything
me: bacon is evil and should be destroyed...and yes I know Sara....and she hates bacon
caller: ok Sara hates bacon....is this Sara's number
me: no, what number are you calling......what's your feeling on being poked with sharp needles
caller: NEEDLES..... um no...don't like being poked with sharp needles....oh and the number I have to call was 333-9186
me: hmm...you called 333-5721.... if you liked bacon and sharp needles I bet you would have called the right number
caller: yes....well do you know where Sara desk is
me: yes....it is near the acupuncture office behind the bacon hater signs
me: you should hate bacon and get acupuncture...it would help you call the right numbers....oh and you might want to try calling 333-9186
caller: oooookay...
me; Hate bacon
me: hate bacon
caller: ok umm goodbye
me: HATE BACON!!!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
all that just reminded me of a call I got from a window salesmen at my previous house

I told him I didn't have any windows
he was rather shocked and asked what type of house do you have
I told him I lived in a Yurt
he asked what's a Yurt
I told him a Mongolian mobil home
He hung up

I never got another call for windows sales at that house again...I I lived there at least 7 more years

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
all that just reminded me of a call I got from a window salesmen at my previous house

I told him I didn't have any windows
he was rather shocked and asked what type of house do you have
I told him I lived in a Yurt
he asked what's a Yurt
I told him a Mongolian mobil home
He hung up

I never got another call for windows sales at that house again...I I lived there at least 7 more years
That's just... genius... No wonder you have a fan club.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phone rings at my desk
I answer:
me: no its Xue...can I take a minute of your time to tell you about the evils of Bacon
caller: aaaa no.... is Sara there
me: no....but do you hate bacon
caller: no.....do you know who Sara is...and what does Bacon have to to with anything
me: bacon is evil and should be destroyed...and yes I know Sara....and she hates bacon
caller: ok Sara hates bacon....is this Sara's number
me: no, what number are you calling......what's your feeling on being poked with sharp needles
caller: NEEDLES..... um no...don't like being poked with sharp needles....oh and the number I have to call was 333-9186
me: hmm...you called 333-5721.... if you liked bacon and sharp needles I bet you would have called the right number
caller: yes....well do you know where Sara desk is
me: yes....it is near the acupuncture office behind the bacon hater signs
me: you should hate bacon and get acupuncture...it would help you call the right numbers....oh and you might want to try calling 333-9186
caller: oooookay...
me; Hate bacon
me: hate bacon
caller: ok umm goodbye
me: HATE BACON!!!!!!
See? I knew we were onto something there.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of these days I'll tell you about the guy who called to tell me their systems found a problem (Virus) with my home computer...the conversation literally ended with the caller saying.."I'm going to hang up now"
<settles to listen eagerly with a snack and a beverage>

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
<settles to listen eagerly with a snack and a beverage>

That is a long story, but here are the highlights.....it starts with the tech call from my security group (which I do not have) that they have found a problem with my PC
Asked them how they knew it was my PC and they started with Windows stuff...I said but what if I was on Linux..,, they stuck with Microsoft.... I then said I was on a Mac and they changed to, that is what we said. your Mac, I said you said Windows, and they responded with I miss understaood...so then we went back and forth as to how they knew it was a Mac...they got deep into the Mac explanation, that was mostly wrong (not a good idea to try and scam a Mac support guy, who is also PC support, use to run a Linux box and does a bit of IT security too)...I then said...sorry, I'm just messing with you...its a PC with Windows...they then went back to, yes we know, its Windows and we got into the windows stuff and they wanted access to my PC and info about my PC and I then wanted to know how they knew it was my PC but they did not have the info they were asking for..... this was followed by more bovine scatology on their part... at that point I said...I'm sorry, I can't keep lying to you, since you've been so helpful...I'm on a Linux box....silence on the other side of the conversation for a full 5 seconds and then...."I'm going to hang up now"

Have not gotten another call like that since, of course it has only been about 9 months

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is a long story, but here are the highlights.....it starts with the tech call from my security group (which I do not have) that they have found a problem with my PC
Asked them how they knew it was my PC and they started with Windows stuff...I said but what if I was on Linux..,, they stuck with Microsoft.... I then said I was on a Mac and they changed to, that is what we said. your Mac, I said you said Windows, and they responded with I miss understaood...so then we went back and forth as to how they knew it was a Mac...they got deep into the Mac explanation, that was mostly wrong (not a good idea to try and scam a Mac support guy, who is also PC support, use to run a Linux box and does a bit of IT security too)...I then said...sorry, I'm just messing with you...its a PC with Windows...they then went back to, yes we know, its Windows and we got into the windows stuff and they wanted access to my PC and info about my PC and I then wanted to know how they knew it was my PC but they did not have the info they were asking for..... this was followed by more bovine scatology on their part... at that point I said...I'm sorry, I can't keep lying to you, since you've been so helpful...I'm on a Linux box....silence on the other side of the conversation for a full 5 seconds and then...."I'm going to hang up now"

Have not gotten another call like that since, of course it has only been about 9 months
"bovine scatology". I am writing this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions