Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've never had it done. But I want to try. How does one go about finding a good acupuncturist.

That is a good question, I would tend towards trained in China, but then you have to find out exactly what they trained in China. I know of an acupuncture office in NYC that has a native Chinese person doing acupuncture, and he advertises "Trained in China" and he was trained in China, as an accountant. He trained Acupuncture in the US. I also know of 2 acupuncturists that can also claim "trained in China" one was trained as a nurse the other as a western medical doctor" both trained acupuncture in the USA. This is not to say that there are not good acupuncturist who were trained in the US,. there is one in my area who graduated from the Acupuncture college in Boston. But in the US they do not have access to all the books they use in China and very little, if any, internships in hospitals. To train in an acupuncture university in China, just to be able to read the books, you have to learn Traditional Chinese characters. These books are not translated into simplified Chinese and they are not in English either.

See if the ACA (Acupuncture Corporation of America) has any offices near you, those are generally run by folks who were all rather well trained in China. This organization I know well, my wife is a member. However they will not use the electric needles if they do not think it is necessary.

Other than that, see if there are any NCCAOM folks near by, although NCCAOM does not always translate to good, it just means they have passed the test and do at least understand.

Last edited:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never had it done. But I want to try. How does one go about finding a good acupuncturist.
You don't. You lock your doors. You bar your windows and hope they never find you. Acupuncture is awful. Even worse than sharks. This is what they do to you.
i-filmsonline-L-hnPqeb.jpeg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't. You lock your doors. You bar your windows and hope they never find you. Acupuncture is awful. Even worse than sharks. This is what they do to you.
i-filmsonline-L-hnPqeb.jpeg
I survived Soviet dentistry and Chernobyl fallout. Honestly, how bad can it be?;)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I survived Soviet dentistry and Chernobyl fallout. Honestly, how bad can it be?;)
*awkward silence* wait... You don't know? When your laying on a table these people got needles in their hands. In their pockets on the table. He might put a couple needles in your pocket. (If you have pockets.) A word to the wise. Don't move. Don't breath. Try not to blink or look the acupuncturist directly in the eyes. I don't know what will happen. I don't want to know.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
*awkward silence* wait... You don't know? When your laying on a table these people got needles in their hands. In their pockets on the table. He might put a couple needles in your pocket. (If you have pockets.) A word to the wise. Don't move. Don't breath. Try not to blink or look the acupuncturist directly in the eyes. I don't know what will happen. I don't want to know.

Relax.....deep breathes..... there...now...you have nothing to worry about... that is unless they walk in with these to do acupuncture

brades_claw_047-400x300.jpg

60D-HDG-nail-large.jpg

If you're in the room... and the walk in with those...well...you're doomed

But plain ole acupuncture needles
lierremedical-com-lierre-acupuncture-needles-massage-table-massage-supplies.jpg

....well..... you're doomed.....but that one only applies to you.... everyone else will be ok and likely start feeling better

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng

I think you need more power.

We combine the acupuncture with this
Daken-Electric-Fence-Energisers-Category-image.jpg

And I'm pretty sure it will cure whatever ails you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng

I think you need more power.

We combine the acupuncture with this
Daken-Electric-Fence-Energisers-Category-image.jpg

And I'm pretty sure it will cure whatever ails you.

I had not thought of that....I was thinking customizing one of these for acupuncture

defigard-400-biphasic-defibrillator-500x500.jpg

Or using one of these when you REALLY need to add juice...especially for @donald1 visits

037779.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Relax.....deep breathes..... there...now...you have nothing to worry about... that is unless they walk in with these to do acupuncture

brades_claw_047-400x300.jpg

60D-HDG-nail-large.jpg

If you're in the room... and the walk in with those...well...you're doomed

But plain ole acupuncture needles
lierremedical-com-lierre-acupuncture-needles-massage-table-massage-supplies.jpg

....well..... you're doomed.....but that one only applies to you.... everyone else will be ok and likely start feeling better
It's too late. They have already warped your mind. That's all I'm gonna say. Never know who's watching.
8693436be9d3c8ea7c233fe62fca2828.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think you weren't paying enough attention to the "Soviet dentistry" bit.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think you weren't paying enough attention to the "Soviet dentistry" bit.
Trust me... The acupuncturist (whatever you call him/her) will make that Soviet dentist feel klik a cake walk! The moment you walk in that door you may get the sensation feeling of a thousand pins and needles poking you in the back. Don't turn around that may actually be the case. A wise man once said
good-jokes-i-have-after-900-years-imgflip-on-acupuncture-meme.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trust me... The acupuncturist (whatever you call him/her) will make that Soviet dentist feel klik a cake walk! The moment you walk in that door you may get the sensation feeling of a thousand pins and needles poking you in the back. Don't turn around that may actually be the case. A wise man once said
good-jokes-i-have-after-900-years-imgflip-on-acupuncture-meme.jpg
<cold, leveled look> I had a mammogram today. Do not make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

image.jpg

P.S. Mammogram is another one of those things that pretty much makes acupuncture look like something nice and relaxing. Same applies to certain other female diagnostic procedure, which bring forth the thoughts of The Witches' Hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.