Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Exercised, actually pushed myself more than I had been. Actually had a pretty good workout and I felt better. Called Mrs Xue to tell her what was going on and she told me that I should call the cardiologist to get a stress test...now Mrs Xue generally tells me I'm being a wimp on similar things...then outright diagnosis the issue and then when I return form the doctor or urgent care, tells me she was right ...... this time she told me it is probably nothing, other than the Claritin and caffeine...but call the cardiologist to get checked....she did not call me a wimp....... so now....I'm nervous....
Just think - if the doctor tells you to reduce your stress level and get more rest, you might even get some leverage with Mrs. Xue. Maybe. It almost kind of works for @gpseymour occasionally. Sometimes.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Typically... in the week leading up to Warrior Dash, my brain starts freaking out. I am having Warrior Dash-themed nightmares. Like being late to my wave, falling off the Warrior Summit head first, getting lost in the mud tunnel, or realizing I'm wearing sneakers that are not properly color coordinated with the rest of my outfit. :wideyed:

@Xue Sheng , wait up! I am going to the doctor with you. There has got to be a pill for this.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Typically... in the week leading up to Warrior Dash, my brain starts freaking out. I am having Warrior Dash-themed nightmares. Like being late to my wave, falling off the Warrior Summit head first, getting lost in the mud tunnel, or realizing I'm wearing sneakers that are not properly color coordinated with the rest of my outfit. :wideyed:

@Xue Sheng , wait up! I am going to the doctor with you. There has got to be a pill for this.

It's all going to be okay, pal. Deep breaths. The color coordination thing might be tricky, though. Just don't look down.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the purpose of competitions was to get wider exposure, so you weren't limited to the talent that could challenge you at your own school.
Little of both... in my opinion.

Honestly, your toughest fights should be in the training hall, with people who know your strengths & weaknesses, what you're likely to do... and train every bit as hard as you do.

In a tournament type setting, you should be seeing different things, different approaches and styles -- but they shouldn't be so far outside your experience that you're not ready. And they won't take advantage of your habits or know your tells...

Of course, that's all in theory, too... and we all know about theory vs reality!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, now I'm really nervous, Mrs Xue came home from work, put needles in my ear, and is now insisting I go to urgent care...well I will be headed that way in a few moments

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And that's why I'm wearing black shoes. With my lime green shirt and lime-and-black socks.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, now I'm really nervous, Mrs Xue came home from work, put needles in my ear, and is now insisting I go to urgent care...well I will be headed that way in a few moments

Dang how deep did she stick the needles in you?

In all seriousness, hope everything is ok.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, he**
I think the nasty crazy people were getting it on today....
who in the world services her boyfriend in a friggin hospital room, where somebody is liable to pop in at any given moment....
blech....
I am glad I am off tomorrow....
Hopefully those crazy people get send home tomorrow!
Praying for their speedy recovery!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's all going to be okay, pal. Deep breaths. The color coordination thing might be tricky, though. Just don't look down.
My top is dusty pink. I don't think you fully appreciate the scope of the challenge. Of course... the mud kind of ties the look together.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, he**
who in the world services her boyfriend in a friggin hospital room, where somebody is liable to pop in at any given moment....
blech....
Wait, WHAT?!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sorry, I keep picturing this happening.

t5nID0.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Keep us posted, please. Fingers, toes, horns, tail, and other appendages crossed.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, he**
blech....

giphy.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yep, that's how I felt.....
Didn't feel all that hot, or it could have been fun to constantly bug them with questions....
But they are so nasty....
and sooooooooooo friggin crazy....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Dang how deep did she stick the needles in you?
In all seriousness, hope everything is ok.

One word....hammer

Sorry, I keep picturing this happening.

t5nID0.gif

I like that movie.... but that's nothing....ever see Jet Li' kiss of the dragon.... and how he kills the bad guy at the end....sitting on a couch with the future Mrs Xue watching that movie.....Jet does the acupuncture move...Mrs Xue says....."It doesn't work that way".....apparently all it will really do is make you sick..... it was then....I knew...I could never make her angry :D

Keep us posted, please. Fingers, toes, horns, tail, and other appendages crossed.

Nothing found while I was there strapped to machines. Blood work normal. However I have today off, per the MD and I have to see a cardiologist today.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One word....hammer

I like that movie.... but that's nothing....ever see Jet Li' kiss of the dragon.... and how he kills the bad guy at the end....sitting on a couch with the future Mrs Xue watching that movie.....Jet does the acupuncture move...Mrs Xue says....."It doesn't work that way".....apparently all it will really do is make you sick..... it was then....I knew...I could never make her angry :D

Nothing found while I was there strapped to machines. Blood work normal. However I have today off, per the MD and I have to see a cardiologist today.
Glad all's well, thus far. Now go hide her hammer.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jet does the acupuncture move...Mrs Xue says....."It doesn't work that way".....apparently all it will really do is make you sick..... it was then....I knew...I could never make her angry :D

Nah, you REALLY know when she says, "It doesn't work that way... Let me show you how it DOES work." Then you know.

Well, that's some good news.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am not sure it is a good sign if you have to call a cardiologists office 3 times and leave messages telling them that specific doctor told you to call because you need to be seen today....and they don't return your calls...so you have to make a 4th call to the actual office you will be seen at.... and have to argue with them to get an appointment for the NEXT DAMN DAY!!!!!!

And for the record..the...we get hundreds of calls excuse...don't cut it when you are talking about YOURSELF and YOUR HEART!!!!!! Then Higher more people to take care of the DAMN calls

Yeah the anger has helped the situation...loads.... thanks Cardiologist office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions