Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fun Fact: Consuming Garlic can rid you of certain GI parasites
Another fun fact - having garlic juice diluted with warm water dribbled down your nose gets rid of all congestion for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, it gets rid of your nose and throat lining too.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just told you I had fun, and that you could do one. I had NOTHING to do with your decision. :angelic:
C00exGcXUAABKX9.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
"All of human vices and weaknesses, such as hatred, meanness, underhandedness, vengefulness, envy, greed, self-centeredness, egotism, pride, arrogance, vanity, stubbornness, and carelessness have the greatest impact upon our minds. Quite often, they rule the mind instead of the mind ruling them, and such perverse situation results in actions entirely contrary to those the mind would have carried out on its own, without the influence of vices and passions." - Antony Pogorelsky.

I just translated this.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Me: Dear IT, would you please grant me access to this one application I need to do my job?
IT: Dear You, here is a form you need to fill out, have singed by your boss, and sent to Information Security.
Me: Great! Dear boss, I filled out the form, would you please sign it and send it on to Information Security?
Boss: Sure! Dear Information Security, please grant this user access to this application so she could do her job?
Information Security: She is already duplicated after another user.
Me: Yes, but I am missing this one application, and this other user used to have it so, apparently, I am not duplicated all the way.
Information Security: We don't know anything about navigating applications, we just grant or block access. You need to call IT and file a ticket with them.
:mad:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
IMac has issues
Run Disk Repair
No errors found....
However it appears that Disk repair did away with the hard drive
Hard Drive no where to be found

sefk2.jpg
Well, yeah, that's why it didn't find any errors - it made the hard drive vanish into nothingness, so the errors wouldn't have anyplace to reside. It's kind of like asking whether a house wiped out by a tornado has any broken windows.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Me: Dear IT, would you please grant me access to this one application I need to do my job?
IT: Dear You, here is a form you need to fill out, have singed by your boss, and sent to Information Security.
Me: Great! Dear boss, I filled out the form, would you please sign it and send it on to Information Security?
Boss: Sure! Dear Information Security, please grant this user access to this application so she could do her job?
Information Security: She is already duplicated after another user.
Me: Yes, but I am missing this one application, and this other user used to have it so, apparently, I am not duplicated all the way.
Information Security: We don't know anything about navigating applications, we just grant or block access. You need to call IT and file a ticket with them.
:mad:
I think the problem is that your boss singed the form . That's never a good idea. ;)

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
"No hard drive? No problem!" It seemed to say.

Well you'd think so...but it appears the supervisor of the unit this Mac belongs to is being rather unreasonable and does not agree... also discovered the recovery partition is locked....tomorrow is another day....and maybe just maybe...I will finally be able to convince those above me that those Mac tools I keep asking for might jsut be a good idea

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, yeah, that's why it didn't find any errors - it made the hard drive vanish into nothingness, so the errors wouldn't have anyplace to reside. It's kind of like asking whether a house wiped out by a tornado has any broken windows.

You make a good point.....it can't be broke if it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions