OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I'll spill.

Snacky Sunday is a magical day. You sit around and eat freshly made snacks all day. From time to time, about when you run low on one, a new one magically appears. Sometimes they appear in batches. Somehow, they always appear after your wife disappears from the room for some time, though I'm dubious about any link between the two.
Hey?! I know not of these "Snacky Sundays" (or any other days...) If I want a snack, I get up, find the kitchen, and create one myself. About one out of every 2 or 3 times... the wife or kid asks for one, too... or steals the one I just made.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep trying to drag him into Zumba with me, but he resists. :)
I don't blame him...

I've watched Zumba classes. I'm not nearly coordinated enough to do that... and the people scare me... Worse than vegan crossfitters...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not just any morning! The best kind of morning! It's Monday morning!! So get your things... There's stuff to do! :D

You can't trust anyone. Young or old. ESPECIALLY old. Which is why I'm writing this in small letters so old people can't read it. They will probably just forget anyway...

You would think the youngsters today knew more about technology

Which is why I'm writing this in small letters so old people can't read it. They will probably just forget anyway...

Us old folks know how to enlarge fonts

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey?! I know not of these "Snacky Sundays" (or any other days...) If I want a snack, I get up, find the kitchen, and create one myself. About one out of every 2 or 3 times... the wife or kid asks for one, too... or steals the one I just made.
Any day except Snacky Sunday, that is a possibility. You need a new calendar.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
я все еще победитель!

Hang on - what did you put into the translator? "I'm still a winner"? It didn't quite get it right - it translated it as in "I've been a winner for a long time, and I am still one." So, if you meant something more like "I still win", you'd have to use a different expression. I'm trying to think, what semantics would work here to translate correctly.

A better Russian expression would be "Всё равно я победил." but that doesn't translate into English word for word. In Russian language, we are very frivolous with our sentence structure.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The whole point of Snacky Sunday is that at least one person involved makes no effort whatsoever to make the snacks. :)

Seriously though... the way this came about I think was during holidays or during a vacation... For some reason, we just didn't want to cook meals one day. But we had lots of little things, like cheese and crackers, and some sausages, and some bite-size veggies (like little tomatoes and carrots). And we ALWAYS have several varieties of home-made pickles (I make those). So, I just started throwing stuff together.

See, my parents had lots of friends and loved to entertain spontaneously. They taught me how to throw together what looks like a full table out of hardly anything - which was no mean feat in Ukraine. I used the same principle and put together a bunch of different things.

I've evolved since then - I think I have a list of like a couple dozen snack ideas I can throw together at almost any time.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't blame him...

I've watched Zumba classes. I'm not nearly coordinated enough to do that... and the people scare me... Worse than vegan crossfitters...
It's true - it's not for everyone. I am very lucky to have an amazing instructor, and our group is really fun.

One of the most common fears people have about classes like zumba, POUND, or even yoga is, "Oh my god, everyone will be staring at me - and I am so clumsy!" Nobody has any time to stare at anyone else. Everyone is too busy watching the instructor or their own feet. :)

Another beautiful thing about zumba, especially for women, is - the bigger is your tush, the more you bring to the classroom.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seem to be losing all sorts of reception, TV, internet, phone. Probably nothing, but around here, one never knows.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh look...another Nor-Easter (4 to 8 inches expected)..and my snow blower is broken.....hmmm...March snow is ALWAYS went and heavy......well...got to go shovel....likely have to do it at least 2 or 3 more times...if we get the 8 inches they are talking about...... and since this thing will last until tomorrow......wish me luck

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hang on - what did you put into the translator? "I'm still a winner"? It didn't quite get it right - it translated it as in "I've been a winner for a long time, and I am still one." So, if you meant something more like "I still win", you'd have to use a different expression. I'm trying to think, what semantics would work here to translate correctly.

A better Russian expression would be "Всё равно я победил." but that doesn't translate into English word for word. In Russian language, we are very frivolous with our sentence structure.
And quite arbitrary with your verb tenses, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions