Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh my, I am a little concerned...

At work thinks are shaking like a 8.5 Earthquake.

One manager is out on a medical leave, another quit....
the director left for greener pastures as well (insider trading? Did he know something we didn't, and ditched the sinking ship?).

So, the assitant director - relatively new to the position moved into the top slot.
More power to her, except, she is like a bull in a china shop....

Now, mind you, with over 20 years here in the South, I still don't get the Southern Belle thing.
Things that others feel incredibly rude tend to go straight over my head. I also often miss the right verbage to avoid stomping on toes...
And I find this woman insufferably crass and blunt....

I forgot to mention, she moved from second to first shift....
And gives us the 'we are one team' speech at any chance, when first has to pick up the slack from second, nearly daily.

So she got onto one lady, about this, and that, clocking in early - as if that mattered a damn in the long run - then the lady comes in, called from a department on her floor, they needed stuff done STAT....
Lady grumbles over 'having to do 2nd shift's job'
And boss lady starts in on her about this teamwork crap....we just have to pick up the slack, etc....(we do, but 2nd pitches an ungodly fit over having to catch some of our leftovers...)

I see the steam coming out of my coworker's ears.....I try to calm her down....
And suddenly she gets up, puts her badge on keys on the table 'you have to find somebody else to do this!'

<jaw drop>

oh well, I muddle my way through, had 6 days off, and yesterday I get the news, another one bit the dust...

One of the managers quit.

Tomorrow will be so much fun...

Alas....here is the real sticky point.
Hubby has some crazy dreams - always has.
"Uh, Honey, I hope this isn't a premonition, but I dreamed you called me, crying, telling em you were on your way home, by 10 o'clock"

So, people, keep your fingers crossed for me, that I had enough R&R to not getting myself into trouble tomorrow....

(I should have done some scouting over the week....plan an exit strategy....)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

the director left for greener pastures as well (insider trading? Did he know something we didn't, and ditched the sinking ship?).

So, the assitant director - relatively new to the position moved into the top slot.

Now, mind you, with over 20 years here in the South, I still don't get the Southern Belle thing.
Things that others feel incredibly rude tend to go straight over my head. I also often miss the right verbage to avoid stomping on toes...

And gives us the 'we are one team' speech at any chance, when first has to pick up the slack from second, nearly daily.

So she got onto one lady, about this, and that, clocking in early - as if that mattered a damn in the long run - then the lady comes in, called from a department on her floor, they needed stuff done STAT....
And boss lady starts in on her about this teamwork crap....we just have to pick up the slack, etc....(we do, but 2nd pitches an ungodly fit over having to catch some of our leftovers...)

And suddenly she gets up, puts her badge on keys on the table 'you have to find somebody else to do this!'

<jaw drop>

oh well, I muddle my way through, had 6 days off, and yesterday I get the news, another one bit the dust...

"Uh, Honey, I hope this isn't a premonition, but I dreamed you called me, crying, telling em you were on your way home, by 10 o'clock"

So, people, keep your fingers crossed for me, that I had enough R&R to not getting myself into trouble tomorrow....

fingers crossed...and might I recommend start looking for an exit strategy now...just in case

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I should be looking.
Rumor is, the company is going to lose the contract in April.
Th way things are going, I would be surprised if they kept it (on the bright side - nobody wants to do the job for that pay!)

Time to go though...just not upset and in tears...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I should be looking.
Rumor is, the company is going to lose the contract in April.
Th way things are going, I would be surprised if they kept it (on the bright side - nobody wants to do the job for that pay!)

Time to go though...just not upset and in tears...

Act before you loose your ****.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, rub it in... no, go right ahead... don't be shy.

Okay.
IMG_20180309_080524.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, turned my first pen on the lathe this afternoon!
Pictures when it's assembled!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, off to see what they have done to the shop while I rested and recreated....

Cross your fingers I won't use the F word 5 minutes in...nor the MF one.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

<jaw drop>

Need a consultant?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I figure since my wife is an immigrant, every day at my house is International Women's day.

Well in every relationship one person marries up and one marries down. It’s important for the person that marries up to realize they are the one who married up.......GP, I’m looking at you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.